Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question My payment is stuck "in progress", due date is 15 april but there is no change for 4 days...

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by disappearer, Apr 19, 2023.

1. disappearer

disappearer

I researched this issue and some said it was fixed in "a few days" but it doesn't seem like that at all, what do you think could be the reason for this?

2. dmbfm

dmbfm

I'm in the same situation. And I don't get any replies from the ticket I created with Unity support. In fact, I have 3 tickets opened with them in the last couple of months where they don't reply me at all. What is going on with Unity?

3. IntuitiveGamingSolutions

IntuitiveGamingSolutions

We have not been paid out either but i would not worry too much. They say payments can take til the 21st of any month, if you are not paid by then it would be time to be somewhat concerned.

We've received complaints from customers of being unable to checkout this month so who knows what is going on. I am hopeful Unity will solve any issues and pay out their sellers by this date.

4. dmbfm

dmbfm

I am not that worried either. What I find troublesome is the lack of communication and the decline in the quality of user support from Unity.

disappearer likes this.
  5. opsive

opsive

SergioSotomayor likes this.
  6. disappearer

disappearer

Anyway, we now know the problem. Since I don't live in the USA, I thought the problem was with my debit card. In fact, I think it would be a better communication if such notices were added as some kind of note to the publisher page, not by opening a topic in a subforum... :D

7. IntuitiveGamingSolutions

IntuitiveGamingSolutions

8. malithgimhanawithanage

malithgimhanawithanage

I can not sign up or view this publisher forum. Is there any other way?
    upload_2023-4-21_4-19-34.png

9. SergioSotomayor

SergioSotomayor

10. IntuitiveGamingSolutions

IntuitiveGamingSolutions

We are unfortunately not registered either, we had not realized they do official communications through this subforum.
    If you check emails from when you published updates or assets to the store you will see a paragraph where they invite you to collaborate and share ideas with other developers through a google form.

After you fill out the form, eventually they will approve or deny it. It seems like they do not notify you of either. Apparently this subforum is not just to collaborate with other creators and they seem to now be using it for official communications so it is probably a good idea to sign up.

11. alexvilla85

alexvilla85

Is now the 22 of April and no payment. Starting to get a bit worry, this never happened. I talked to a unity person on the chat and she told me they have delays on the payment this month, but they are working on it. They didn't reply to any ticket either.

12. Bitboys

Bitboys

I think this is going to be the norm from now on because this year I haven't received a single payment on time and that's not the norm. I've been selling my assets in the store since 2016. Not to mention that I've had an asset pending review for more than a month...

And my last support ticket took 2 months to answer so I don't even bother to contact them anymore.

No doubt something is wrong.

disappearer likes this.
  13. rfarencibia

rfarencibia

I'm also having this problem, the invoice of the assetstore revenue has due date to April 15th and today is April 23 and payment hasn't arrived yet.

14. IntuitiveGamingSolutions

IntuitiveGamingSolutions

They were supposed to give another update in the 'Publisher' forum but they have not. I'm assuming something is more wrong than initially though. Hopefully they fix it soon. Definitely not a good look for Unity.

I wouldn't worry too much though I am sure they will pay out eventually, the terms do state that they have to make 'reasonable efforts' to pay out publishers on time.

For now you can think of it as forced savings. ;)

15. disappearer

disappearer

Whether this issue gets fixed or not, I don't know why it's like this, I'm sure it's not intentional but Unity Asset Store is running slower than it should actually. The process of accepting assets or technical support response is taking a long time. Surely there is a reason but I wish it wasn't like that

Last edited: Apr 23, 2023
  16. alirezaitpro

alirezaitpro

Search in google: Unity stock usd
    The stock price has fallen %84 since November 2021 ! Bankruptcy of Unity may be a possible reason for not paying us!

17. disappearer

disappearer

competition... keeping up with technology... economic situation... and Matrix Awakens :D
    No, I don't think Unity will go bankrupt easily.

18. IntuitiveGamingSolutions

IntuitiveGamingSolutions

Lets hope not!

19. MarceloBarrio

MarceloBarrio

Hello, I am also a publisher and I did not get the payment as of today. About the publisher forum, does anyone know how to get access there to check out such notifications?

Cheers!

20. IntuitiveGamingSolutions

IntuitiveGamingSolutions

Check any of the emails you received after you submitted a new asset or asset update. There is a link in those emails to a google form to signup. Approval can take weeks to months.

21. MarceloBarrio

MarceloBarrio

Thanks a lot! Just sent the request, hope it doesn't take months!

22. Bitboys

Bitboys

I have just received the payment by Paypal.

23. disappearer

disappearer

For those of you who don't know, I want to say that if you reside outside of the US, you need to open a foreign exchange account in order for the money to be successfully transferred to you.
    Today my bank called me and said I need to open a foreign currency account for it. They said they were holding the money Unity sent...
    However, the customer representative of the same bank had previously said that "there was no need, the money was automatically converted".