Search Unity

My package is always declined. I don't know what could i do.

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Marko005, Sep 19, 2019.

?

My package is always declined. I don't know what could i do.

1. I don't know is anything about my folders ?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I don't know is my test correctly set up ?

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Marko005

Marko005

Unity Asset Store package 'FPS - Shooter game pack and whole game demo scenes - 1.0' has been declined (Case 1166856)

That's my project folders

IMG_PROJECT.jpg

That's my test

IMG_TEST.jpg

2. elmar1028

elmar1028

Don't they specify the reason why the package was declined in the same email?

3. Marko005

Marko005

Unity Asset Store package 'FPS - Shooter game pack and whole game demo scenes - 1.0' has been declined (Case 1166856)

Yes but that is always the same.

Hi Marko Mostnar,

Thanks very much for your submission to the Asset Store.

'FPS - Shooter game pack and whole game demo scenes' has been declined.

'FPS - Shooter game pack and whole game demo scenes' has been declined.

This package does not meet our current quality standards. There are many aspects of the package that does not meet our requirements in our submission guidelines or we have decided that your asset is not marketable on this type of marketplace. We have chosen not to publish this package. However, we greatly appreciate the time and effort spent in preparing your submission.

We suggest using the Unity Forums to get specific feedback from users and publishers alike: https://forum.unity.com/forums/assets-and-asset-store.32/
    In addition to getting feedback, please review our Submission Guidelines again: https://unity3d.com/asset-store/sell-assets/submission-guidelines
    We also have an onboarding page if you need help with the upload process: https://unity3d.com/asset-store/sell-assets/onboarding

Kind regards,

The Asset Store Team

If that will be stated in point 2.2.1 in UNITY GUIDELINES, than this will be much better

4. elmar1028

elmar1028

Right. Perhaps look through the submission requirements and check if some aspects of your asset may not meet the requirements.

From the project files screenshot, I would suggest shortening the name of your asset (including your folder name), something like: FPS Templates Pack.

Also, make sure that you're allowed to resell assets (3D models sounds etc.) that are in your pack. The "Godzilla" model raises a red flag for me.

Finally, look at the asset and determine if it has enough content to justify it being in the store. I am not saying you didn't have enough content, but I can't really tell from the screenshot.

5. mgear

mgear

might want to test it on new unity versions also..

but then again,
    "This package does not meet our current quality standards", usually seems to mean that they just don't want it.. (or maybe there are too many fps kits already)

6. Marko005

Marko005

Thank you to both. Could i test red flags in my Unity and if... Where could i do that or Elmar could you send me all red flags screenshot.

Thank you in advance for answer

7. elmar1028

elmar1028

By "red flags" I don't mean there's literally a red flag to look out for. :p I mean the "Godzilla" is a monster from a movie. You're essentially trying to sell copyrighted material to somebody else.

You must make sure that assets that you use are yours or your have a permission to resell those assets. This is something that requires research on your part (e.g. where were the assets downloaded from, what are their license etc.). Just because it was free to download doesn't mean it can be resold.

Hopefully that makes it more clear for you :D

8. Marko005

Marko005

Ok thx Elmar for all. I really appreciate that. I will try to edit my project something to be accepted.

9. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Hi @Marko005,
    Be sure your asset is "idiot proof".
    For example if you are trying to sell weapon model, i's good to have got scene ready to test within (Ctrl+P).
    Also if your weapon is not only model but "ready to use" - it's good to have got prefab model (model + AudioSource + animator + simple script attached) and an .pdf file where will be said what to modify if customer would like to use it with another asset ;) For example how easy is 'to add your weapon to "UFPS" '
    Also put everything in right folders: SuperWeapon>(model, materials, prefabs, etc.)
    Feel free to ask anyway :)
    Cheers,
    Kamil

10. Marko005

Marko005

11. Mauri

Mauri

Judging by the videos only, there is quite the room for improvement: The zombies are "walking" in a T-Pose, the menus look pretty basic... Now take a look at DarkTree FPS (a free ver. exists), MFPS 2.0: Multiplayer FPS or Ultimate Character Controller (UFPS) and how their demo scenes look.

If you'd improve everything a bit, then maybe your asset will get accepted.

On a side note: It's up to you, but I don't think it would make any sense to create just another FPS framework.