Search Unity

My online multiplayer action game, hosted right now ready for testers

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by gsus725, May 22, 2012.

1. gsus725

gsus725

Ok, although it does have some comedy value, don't expect miracles, although it is better than some things floating around on here...

Anyway, I'm hosting it right now for the next hour at least and if any of you would be so kind as to log on and run around and do whatever so I can test it out, that would be great...I would really like to see the pings people are getting /etc.

It features:
    Online multiplayer action melee combat with some physics
    A massive urban and rural landscape
    Ability to fly should you choose to use it
    More, but you'll see.

This is not going to become a real game it is just my learning environment until I scrap it to then make "the real game".

The GUI is somewhat broken for now so to exit the game you must use alt+F4 and to minimize you must use ctrl+esc.

1) Download "gotham.zip" from http://mediafire.com/gsus7125. It is 36 mb.
    2) Wherever you saved it, unzip it
    3) Run the game
    4) It will ask for an IP and Port, enter 24.254.128.89 and 7125.
    5) Hit Connect To Existing Server
    6) You should now be on my server with me

If your computer is weak I suggest using the lowest graphic settings.

To all who help me with testing, thank you.

2. gsus725

gsus725

Nobody came. Shutting down.

3. pezz

pezz

Let me know when you are ready for testing.

4. XavLar

XavLar

Giving users just 1 hour to instantly react to your game, when not everyone is "On Demand" is just stupid (no offence) you should give atleat 5 hour -1 day Max before you close down public testing.

5. Swearsoft

Swearsoft

Yeah man, do you think everyone is simply waiting for someone to post he is testing his multiplayer game?

6. bgivenb

bgivenb

7. gsus725

gsus725

I have my reasons.

Anyway, the game is more of a practical joke. Yes, that screenshot is from the game, and it was hand picked to make it look better than it really is. If anyone would've logged on they would have seen some strange (and to me mildly funny) things (If they played in multiplayer that is).

My description of the game, although technically true, and the screenshot technically real, were very overhyped. Although I am improving it somewhat fast.

You do play as Batman, which is a 3d model ripped from DC Universe Online that I found, then rigged and animated (horribly).

I'm just learning how to animate in Blender but it comes out all messed up. I can code the animations just fine but making them is another story.

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  8. Not_Sure

Not_Sure

Maybe insulting the community isn't the best way start off a request from it.

9. impheris

impheris

the game freeze my pc before starting, only appears the unity's logo...