Search Unity

My new game OddBalls!

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Velvety, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Velvety

Velvety

Hey everyone,

I've been working on an indie iOS game for the last few years in my spare time and it's almost ready for release! This will be my first Unity3D game release. I made a new trailer to show the game, please check it out! :D

[video=youtube_share;htLoUjvBAyA]http://youtu.be/htLoUjvBAyA

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  2. meta87

meta87

Looks like a lot of fun! I Like the different powers they have. Are you planning on releasing a trial with IAP to unlock full or just a paid game? I'm wavering on what's the best approach these days on the app store. Good luck with the game!

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

looks like a fun game that should be pretty popular once noticed

4. Velvety

Velvety

Thanks for the comments! Meta87 I am planning to release the full game for $1.99 in the AppStore. I'm not against IAP but unless it is handled well I find it can often ruin the game experience. A game needs to be designed with IAP from the start, otherwise it can taint the user's experience of just wanting to play the game. I am not a fan of paying to gain game mechanics and powerups (that should flow as part of the inherent gameplay IMO). However, paying for extra level packs is something I have thought about doing if the game does alright in the AppStore and has enough interest to warrant it. I want to make some money with the game, but first and foremost I want the gameplay and user experience to be great :)

5. khanstruct

khanstruct

I am speaking from experience. HAVE A FREE VERSION!!! It doesn't matter how you do it. IAP, ads, fewer levels, etc, but you would be a fool to not have some kind of free version.

If people play the game and don't buy it, chances are, they weren't going to buy it anyway (but at least this way, there's a chance). If people just pay for the game without playing the free version, they most likely would have played the free version first and still ended up buying it. The free one simply puts it in the hands of more customers.

With our game, we tried to have a paid version only. It didn't do great, but we had a few sales. Since we've released a free version, however, not only are tons more people playing the game, but more people are actually buying it as well.

6. Velvety

Velvety

Hi Khanstruct. That is great advice thank you. I do plan to release a free demo version shortly after the initial release of the full paid game. It will contain a short list of puzzles, and the hope is that it will attract more players as you suggest.

Thanks! :)

7. meta87

meta87

Thanks for the info Velvety and khanstruct. Yea it definitely seems like a free version is a must these days with so many games coming out.

8. Jake-L

Jake-L

Look great and fun to play! Gratz!

9. khanstruct

khanstruct

Also, your game looks great. I can't comprehend you people who can put together these puzzle-based levels. It's truly a rare skill.

10. Velvety

Velvety

Thanks for the kind comments and advice everyone!

Khanstruct: coming up with level puzzles is one of my favourite parts of making a puzzle game like this :)

11. kingcharizard

kingcharizard

looks awesome, good luck with your release