Search Unity

My new character Ignies

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Alec, May 16, 2008.

1. Alec

Alec

Here is the current state of ignies.

It's preety low poly and I'll post more detailed shots later

2. Alec

Alec

Oh yeah and I'm rigging him of course :p

3. tbelgrave

tbelgrave

Hmmm, I'm not sure of your experience, but I'll try to guide you along a bit since this is not a CG modeling forum, but do you have any idea what you're going for? Like do you have concepts drawn up, references from characters similar e.t.c? Because to be frank, I have no idea what I'm looking at here. It's basically cubes elongated, subdivided (which you don't need to do, you add as you require edges to create the form)and deformed a bit.
    I highly recommend using reference material to get the form and proportions descent before progressing. And even though you say it's low poly, I can tell it's quite heavy based on the faceted faces.

I hope this is somewhat helpful.

4. GargerathSunman

GargerathSunman

Looks like he'll be quite the alien or space trooper. Is he made for anything specific?

5. Alec

Alec

Yeah I did use references and concepts. Not sure if I get you on the rest though :?

And I find it kinda rude that you just stormed in with insults and stuff assuming I was trying to create a human or whatever but thats preety ignorant IMO

6. Alec

Alec

Here is what I used reference and I have only been modeling him for about 40-50 mins

7. defmech

defmech

That's not insults or being rude; that's what artists call "critique" :)

8. Alec

Alec

lol i getcha :wink:

9. tbelgrave

tbelgrave

Not being rude buddy, just trying to help you out as everyone begins at the bottom, I was there myself. But judging by your reply I take it you're quite young, so ignore what I said and just have fun! There's plenty of road to travel and if you're determined enough you'll get there :)

Good luck

~t

10. Alec

Alec

by the way nice site, also could you explain what you ment? I just like improving myself :p

11. Alec

Alec

made a lot of progress and he is now rigged-kinda :p

12. boomaster_legacy

boomaster_legacy

that's at least better rigging than i could do in a week. tho you ARE more experienced than me. nice job!