Search Unity

My mobile game UI bugs enourmously with the networking

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by guiviana334, May 21, 2019.

1. guiviana334

guiviana334

I'm developing a mobile game and i need to use buttons on the screen as input. But those buttons trigger infintely many NullReferenceException since i've put the networking manager and the identities on the hierarchy, even though i haven't tried to spawn any other player instances but the Unity Runtime one, i don't know what to do, what i've got in my scene is:

A Static Scenario
    A Camera
    A player with network identity and component-disabler scripts for non-local instances
    A canvas with all the buttons, that should be personal, which has the same identity and disabler scripts as the player

thats all

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

To get help with this you'll need to provide more information, such as the specific error messages which should say where the null reference error is coming from (as well as whatever script it says is the source of the error).

But I'd suggest that if you're just starting with Unet, that instead you stop and rip it all out, and switch to an alternative network API instead. Unet was deprecated a year ago, much of the documentation has been purged from the scripting reference, and most of the experienced users of Unet who you're asking for help have moved on to alternative API's a while back.

3. guiviana334

guiviana334

The NullReference comes from a joystick in the UI, it is assigned but that still happens

You got anything for me to start in the API? everything i found about Networking in my shallow searches was UNET

4. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored