Search Unity

my hub wont install unity

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by shplah2017, May 25, 2020.

1. shplah2017

shplah2017

it just hangs on installing 2019.3.14f, I have plenty of disc space. I also tried directly downloading the software but in any version it says that it gets "interrupted" and wont continue downloading

xXCastigamattiXx likes this.
  2. xXCastigamattiXx

xXCastigamattiXx

Same here. I tried twice to download Unity3D 2019. First time the download progress bar reached about 15% and the suddenly disappears. Retried, this time download reached about 30% and the disappeared losing again all the downloaded data.

So frustrating. Please, let use Torrents to download Unity3D.

3. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

Hello guys ! We are sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing... Not being able to download the unity editor can be related to various reasons (inconsistent network, not enough disk space, access fail to the installation destination...). The best way for us to debug you is when you send a bug report through the hub (in the Troubleshooting menu) and our support team will investigate your logs. Thank you

4. xXCastigamattiXx

xXCastigamattiXx

Hi! Thanks for reply, do you can tell us how to get the hub log? I am using macOS Catalina.

safaGH likes this.
  5. answer.PNG

xXCastigamattiXx and safaGH like this.
  6. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

Adding to @Lurking-Ninja's response, the hub logs are automatically attached to any hub bug report you make so you don't need to attach them when reporting your issue.

7. xXCastigamattiXx

xXCastigamattiXx

Good! Thanks for log folder suggestion.

First of all, maybe, could be something wrong while "stringifying" JSON in the error log:

Code (csharp):
    1. The document “info-log.json” could not be opened. This file does not appear to be a valid JSON document.
    3. L 2: Found text after final '}'.
    Here's my entire log file uploaded (I chenged *.json to *.js because upload system forbids me to upload *.json files o_O).

Attached Files:

8. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

You should report a bug to the support team.
    Looking at your logs you have an ESOCKETTIMEDOUT error while downloading the editor component. Must be your internet connection or your firewall/proxy config.