Search Unity

my heart is breaking when I using ground plane in unity 2018.1.0b and Galaxy tab S3 .

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by HX_LSC, Apr 9, 2018.

1. HX_LSC

HX_LSC

2. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

3. HX_LSC

HX_LSC

Hi , but Galaxy Tab S3 is supported!!! Because it's in the devices List , And I already buy Galaxy Tab s3! please check again.... See the gp.jpg

waiting for your reply ,Thanks.

Attached Files:

• gp.JPG
      gp.JPG
      File size:
      316.5 KB
      Views:
  4. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Apologies, that must have just recently been added. Can you confirm which version of Vuforia is present in your 2018.1 beta? It looks like it need 7.1.27 or above.

Do you see any errors in the logcat when you deploy it to this device? Have you tried our GP sample from the Unity Asset Store?

5. HX_LSC

HX_LSC

Thanks for your reply and don't need Apologies ,:) unity version is 2018.1.0b13 , vuforia version is 7.1.31, No errors when deploy it to the device. GP sample from the Unity Asset Store is OK, but is not simply enough to let me use it easy.

One more thing : the tutor: https://library.vuforia.com/content/vuforia-library/en/articles/Solution/ground-plane-guide.html , supply a script : DeployStageOnce.CS ,there is no error in unity2017 ,but have a error in unity2018 at "OnInteractiveHitTest" function(see DeployStageOnce_2018error.jpg) DeployStageOnce_2018error.JPG vuforia_version.JPG
    2.JPG

Best

6. mobile-netural

mobile-netural

Hi,

I have a very similar issue. I have been developing an unity app which should display objects mid-air. Everything is working fine on ARKit devices with the Mid Air Stage and the Mid Air Positioner.

When I try the app on a non ARKit device, for instance the iPhone 6, which is in your Supported Devices List, it does not work correctly. Mid-Air Items placed in the air are always drifting away with the movement of the camera.

So, for instance on iPhone 8, when I place an object 1m in front of the camera it does not move anywhere. When I walk towards the object it also stays where it should and I can walk around it.

But, for instance on the iPhone 6, when I place an object 1m in front of the camera and I move towards it, it always stays 1m away, I can never walk around it or reach it.

What is happening here?

Thank you,
    Boris

Edit: I am using the same Unity and same Vuforia versions as Rob_luo

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  7. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

This script isn't necessary anymore in 2018.1 with Vuforia 7.1. The behaviour this script creates can be achieved by unchecking the "Duplicate Stage" box in the Content Positioning Behaviour component. The chair mode in the newest Ground Plane sample demonstrates how to use this. Could you review that and let me know if that addresses your issue?

8. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

@boris-netural

Non-ARKit devices may encounter this sort of issue. Due to the nature of the technology, Ground Plane may not be able to provide 6DoF tracking in all environments. This article includes some information for an ideal Ground Plane environment: https://library.vuforia.com/articles/Training/ground-plane-guide.html

Specifically, the following is relevant to this issue:
    Ground Plane utilizes images from the device camera to understand the basic geometry of your environment. Therefore it is necessary to stage Ground Plane experiences in settings that enable the camera to accurately capture the details of the surroundings.
    Recommendations:
    • Stable lighting conditions
    • Moderate lighting - not too bright or too dark
    • Avoid glare and dark shadows
    • Surface details help to reveal geometry and improve accuracy and performance

I'd recommend trying in various different environments to see if that improves anything as well as scanning your environment a bit more to help the device better deliver a 6DoF pose.

Thanks

9. HX_LSC

HX_LSC

Vuforia-Strasza likes this.
  10. mobile-netural

mobile-netural

@Vuforia-Strasza

Thank you for your quick reply!

I know that it is not supposed to work as good as with ARKit devices. The thing is, Ground Plane is working fine, but Mid-Air is not working at all, even when I am pointing at the floor where the Ground Plane is working without any problems.

Thank you!
    Boris

Vuforia-Strasza likes this.
  11. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

I have seen Mid-Air working with some Android devices, but haven't tested personally with the iPhone 6. I'll see if I can try it out today and let you know.

12. HX_LSC

HX_LSC

hi, after I finish a AR app, I want to switch the project to NoAR,So I delete all Vuforia Scripts, but ,When I hit Unity Play, there will still appear " Vuforia initialization successful" in the console, I want know how to get rid of it , Thanks!

13. meedabit

meedabit

Hello @Rob_luo,

If any Vuforia prefabs are present in any scene, then Vuforia will be enabled despite not doing anything.

Thanks,
    Vuforia Engine Support