Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

My game rejected by Appstore because of Everyplay

Discussion in 'Unity Everyplay' started by Lordinarius, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Lordinarius

Lordinarius

I think this is absurd but why ?

They send with this screenshot

sdddd.png

From Apple
    • 2.25 - Apps that display Apps other than your own for purchase or promotion in a manner similar to or confusing with the App Store will be rejected
    2.25 Details

The Everplay feature in your app displays or promotes third-party apps, which violates the App Store Review Guidelines. We’ve attached screenshot(s) for your reference.

Next Steps

Please remove the Everplay feature from your app.

2. stevenmcknight

stevenmcknight

Unity Technologies

Hey @Lordinarius,

What we've noticed is that for some reason, every now and then Apple flags (incorrectly) Everyplay for violating their developer terms. This is a bit odd since we have loads of games going through the review process every day without a problem.

As for promoting 3rd-party content, we actually are in compliance with Apple. To get around this we recommend taking Everyplay out, re-submitting your App, then putting it in the next update and it will more than likely be approved. Apple works in mysterious ways sometimes.

This solution has worked for our developers so far - unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a fix or any other way of going around this problem.

I hope this helps!

3. Sam-Bauwens

Sam-Bauwens

Well there could be a fix, that is opt-out of the ability to explore other games in iOS. And off course it seems fair that the games who opt out of showing other games would not be displayed in other iOS games that have everyplay.

4. hellobard

hellobard

I had this rejection happen to me too a couple of weeks ago.
    First I had two versions be approved with the functionality in there, then when I was sending the latest update they suddenly flagged it and rejected the app. I agree with Sam that there should really be a way to set iOS to only show your own game community and not anything else to comply with Apple's demands.