Search Unity

My game is way too dark on older phone (LWRP)

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by ph4ntomz, Dec 9, 2019.

1. ph4ntomz

ph4ntomz

I just noticed that my game is way too dark on my old Samsung Galaxy Alpha. The game looks fine in the editor, PC version and on my Samsung Galaxy S7.

I've been developing with Unity 2019.2.2f1 so far and read that some versions had this problem I have in older versions, but that it should have been patched already. I upgraded to 2019.2.15f1 just out of desperation, but the problem remains the same.

It's a LWRP project and I have no clue about lighting yet. There's no lights added to the project so far and I'm mainly using GUI elements in the game instead of sprites.

https://imgur.com/a/ivQV1dS

https://imgur.com/a/P4Zse9i

I don't have much experience with quality settings and such stuff, so I'm not sure which settings to post. Please, let me know what sections are important and I'll edit the post accordingly.

2. aleksandrk

aleksandrk

Unity Technologies

Hi!
    I suppose you're using linear color space in project settings.
    If that's the case, this is a known issue and I'll post here when it's fixed :)

3. ph4ntomz

ph4ntomz

I do use linear color space indeed. Then it was my bad thinking it was fixed already, maybe I misread something. Or, was this bug reintroduced in newer versions? Is there a version I could jump back to where it's fixed?

4. aleksandrk

aleksandrk

Unity Technologies

This seems to have always been the case with Android + Linear + GUI elements on some Android devices.
    There's no fix for 2019.2 yet, only for the alpha version (2020.1).
    I'll post here when it's available for 2019.2.

5. ph4ntomz

ph4ntomz

Okay great, thank you!

6. daveMennenoh

daveMennenoh

Is this fixed in later versions of 2020? Or is there a workaround? I am using 2020.1.15f1 and on my older Motorola running Android 8.0.0 my game is really dark. On any other phone I've tested on it looks like it does in the editor.