Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Games [PC] Virtual Monsters RPG

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by MW_Industries, Jan 10, 2019.

1. MW_Industries

MW_Industries

This is a video that I made to showcase what I learned in 3 months while working with the Unity software. I hope to release my first game soon. I will put my sweat, heart and tears into this game even if it is the last thing I do.

2. Serinx

Serinx

Cute looking world :) Nice work for your first 3 months. Can you tell us a little more about what type of game this will be?

3. BlankDeedxxAldenHilcrest

BlankDeedxxAldenHilcrest

4. MW_Industries

MW_Industries

The game will be a JRPG. I use to make games for Byond a really long time ago and I want to revive an old game I made. Hopefully, I'll be able to revive my old community.

5. BlankDeedxxAldenHilcrest

BlankDeedxxAldenHilcrest

It looked so fun, but like also mind-numbingly tedious to write games for Byond, which is exactly what attracted me to it. Especially since it was almost like write-drawing. I've watched tutorials, but never actually written any games for it. But holy hell, have I used up some times on Space Station 13. Respect.

MW_Industries likes this.
  6. MW_Industries

MW_Industries

Thanks. I greatly appreciate that. I've never had an official release of a game before but, this one will be m pride and joy. It's kind of the game or world I wanted to create since I was about 6 years old. This game is all of my life's work put into a single thing. I want to build more games after it but, this game will really hit home.

7. MW_Industries

MW_Industries

I know it's been a while but, I decided to bump this topic up, perhaps get a few new views. I posted a new video to my channel and I've started a Game Development log. If you like Game Dev logs, feel free to subscribe.

8. MW_Industries

MW_Industries

Updated the title of this topic. Posted a new video about my game and it's progress. Give it a look if you can.

owlhowell likes this.
  9. MW_Industries

MW_Industries

Posted a new devlog. Tried something different on my YouTube channel. Hope you guys like it and if this is the first time you've come across this topic, feel free to tell me what you think. I also don't know if boosting like this is legal within this forum but, I sure hope it doesn't get me banned. I try not to spam post.

Razmot likes this.
  10. JordanWBrace

JordanWBrace

I’ve subscribed to your channel, Jamal. I really liked it and your recent video is great. I’ve yet to watch your other vids, but will be in the coming days.

I really like the idea of your game and the progress you’ve made so far looks amazing.

I’m not someone who has ever designed a game, nor is it likely I will, but when you planned this game out - did you create some sort of rough schedule you hope to meet? Deadlines? Maybe, a small design doc?

Maybe, that’s a topic you can use for your next vlog... If you have a schedule, or a design doc, what does it look like?

Just so you know, I’m wondering about the world of game dev. Again, not because I want to make a game myself, but I would love to get involved from a marketing perspective... Or maybe even as a publisher later in my career. I probably come with a very different perspective to everyone else on this forum haha

MW_Industries likes this.
  11. MW_Industries

MW_Industries

I was suppose to learn how to put together a design document in Intro to Game Development at school but, I never took it. Initially, I did have a rough plan, that I plotted out in my mind and on paper and then with sticky notes however, I need a better way of organizing myself. For the most part, I'm very behind in schedule but, that's because of unexpected things that happen in life. I'm almost new to being a content creator and I'm getting use to being consistent (which I learned from being a chef) and constantly updating my channel and different pages. I'm getting use to making videos and posting content. When you are operating on multiple platforms, it becomes a real hassle but, it seems like it's paying off.

Thanks for subscribing, Jordan. I really appreciate the sub.

12. MW_Industries

MW_Industries

Added a new devlog. Using this to keep the Unity community engaged in some of my game's content. As stated before, I am only changing the title of the thread whenever I post an update.

13. MW_Industries

MW_Industries

This is another devlog. Just trying to keep the community up to date with what I am doing with my game.

14. MW_Industries

MW_Industries

Posting an update to this thread. This is a preview of my open world game that I have been planning for months now. The video is a bit laggy as a result of my poor implementation of graphics, along with obs studio and shotcut all accessing the GPU at the same time.

RavenOfCode likes this.
  15. MW_Industries

MW_Industries

For anyone wondering, this is probably a better version of my game at it's stage right now.

eaque likes this.
  16. MW_Industries

MW_Industries

This is everything I've learned about Unity and Game Development in one video. This also showcases my ideas for the future.

17. MW_Industries

MW_Industries

I did a lot for my game in the past few months. I can't believe I didn't update this topic with the appropriate information. This is what my game looks like now.

18. MW_Industries

MW_Industries

Hey guys, I know it's been a long time since I updated this thread and, MUCH has changed since I last posted. So I think I'm going to start posting my devlogs here once a week to keep anyone interested in this project updated. Here is the next devlog from where we left off. I hope you guys enjoy.

19. MW_Industries

MW_Industries

Okay, so here's the next vlog about the development of this game. This one is about the Dialogue system I created for the game. I've expanded on this system so much since then.

20. MW_Industries

MW_Industries

Time for another update. This is a more recent devlog. I decided to skip the next one in line because, it was a little boring. lol

cs747 likes this.
  21. MW_Industries

MW_Industries

This would be the next episode in the series. I haven't done a devlog in a long time but, I took some time off YouTube to pursue other things. New episodes coming soon!