Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

My friend cant collaborate with me

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by pro756x, Mar 17, 2020.

1. pro756x

pro756x

Hi, I just started using unity and i got my friend to join me and we wanted to do a collaborate so we could make a game together, But when i upload the game Unity makes a copy and puts it in 3D and gives that to my friend, He gets everything i upload except that his project is in 3D and mine is not.He cant edit the project and everything i go to the dashboard it directs me too the copy instead of the real one.
    Please let me know if there are any fixes to this bug,

Sincerely, Me

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @pro756x, apologies for the delayed response. You say that Collab created a second copy of your game project. When viewing your list of projects on https://developer.cloud.unity3d.com/, do you see two copies of your project? If you do then you can remove one of them by going into the General tab under Settings, then Archiving the copy that you don't want to keep working in.

As for your copy being put into 3D, are you referring to the view in the Scene window in Unity being set to 3D instead of 2D or something else? Custom view layouts are not synced by Collab because those are saved in a location that Collab does not track.

You can double check if you're both working on the same project by making sure that the UPID matches on the Dashboard when you both go to that site from your project.