Search Unity

My Foray into Unity

Discussion in 'Projects In Progress' started by scottymclue, May 18, 2021.

1. scottymclue

scottymclue

Another fun little test from my daughter in UE5 to end the weekend. Enjoy.

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
  2. scottymclue

scottymclue

Not really much to report, I spent most of the weekend relaxing and enjoying the weather. We did finally wrap our head around making music, a lot of this was to do with setup, trial and error mostly adding the native instruments VST. Once there it is easy - as they say, everything is easy when you know how.

Capture2.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    Capture.JPG

3. scottymclue

scottymclue

Just a small update, began to work on a tps prototype.

4. scottymclue

scottymclue

Hello it's me again!

Another small update with our VR status. A good one to follow along with is the Valem series.

With that you may set up the tracked pose driver on the camera and controls for the left and right hand. As we're fairly new to VR the motion sickness still gets me so it was a relief to explore our surroundings using a 'teleport' mechanism.

Our setup and screengrabs is as follows.

20210602_073124.jpg

Capture.JPG

Kennth likes this.
  5. scottymclue

scottymclue

Today we modeled and added a rifle, following Grant Abbitt course which we would highly recommend for newcomers!
    Capture.JPG

6. scottymclue

scottymclue

Today we looked at some ik from unity demos, not really sure what it means but it was interesting as my daughter took the lead.

Capture.JPG

7. scottymclue

scottymclue

Well not much to report, we tried our hand with the blender program following some more tidbits with the Grant Abbitt unity course.

The use of the mirror modifier here seems to be quite useful. Well, if you think Ableton Live is like a pilot's cockpit, blender is quite something else lol. Thanks for watching and until next time.

Capture.JPG

xjjon likes this.
  8. scottymclue

scottymclue

9. scottymclue

scottymclue

Today we explored the metahuman universe, what a superbly interesting tool, quite something if you ask me.

Capture.JPG

Kennth likes this.
  10. scottymclue

scottymclue

Oh yes, I almost forgot, we set up our onscreen game peripheral to the big monitor a while back and there was a photograph on my daughter's cell that I simply had to share! Thanks for watching and hope everyone has a grand weekend.

Capture.JPG

11. scottymclue

scottymclue

G'day all, a very small update on a little third person template.

Capture.JPG

12. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Although I appreciate your enthusiasm, is the expectation that users will follow each of your posts to learn certain aspects of Unity? A threaded forum might not be the best format, have you considered a blog perhaps? The forum is generally used for Q&A.

scottymclue likes this.
  13. scottymclue

scottymclue

Not really that much to report today, we started working on some forest and trees, but eventually it may be better to go back to 2D. Thanks for watching and until next time.

Capture.JPG

14. scottymclue

scottymclue

Another rather interesting day. I hope everyone is doing well. Today we worked on tweaking the wind shaders, looks rather magnificent :)

Kennth likes this.
  15. Kennth

Kennth

As we get older, keeping the mind active and engaged is really healthy, ( as well as listening to music ) there have been a few studies that suggest learning and even keeping the mind active via passive listening like music, can help to stave off alzheimer's and help with memory retention. It is great to have your daughter that cares about you and you her.

No matter what you do, keep up the good work ;-) . The only thing I might humbly suggest ( if you do not ) ... While keeping mentally active is a Very good thing... do not neglect physical activity. I had a very bad heart scare in OCT last year, ( due to sitting all the time at the PC, Mostly ) Had I not invested in a treadmill, I would not have bounced back as well as I did. A treadmill, is good because it is in part a weight bearing exercise ( better for your bones ), where as a say sit-down bike,or cross trainer is okay for cardio, but as Old as I think we are, I found the treadmill to be just as effective.

I am not a doctor or a representative of any company etc.. I found a good treadmill " Sunny Health & Fitness Recovery Walking Treadmill with Low Pro Deck and Multi-Grip Handrails " If you might consider getting one down the road.. It occupies a small space. ( I never want to be with out one now.. when I have to go to " the Home " I want this with me till I die.

I found VR you either Love or hate it.. if you have a small space it can be good for Cardio, but just plain walking has been shown to be one of the best exercise's , Swimming is also good, but requires a gym, in this day of Covid, I figured the best thing was to invest in a treadmill at home. Start slowly, one time a day... increase the frequency ( times a day ) and speed and length of time as you can, go slow, build up your tolerance slowly, the test is if you can still talk while waking.. ( I have not been so healthy in a very long time ) ..

Studies show that a simple quick pace walk for 30 mins , three times a week.. can extend your life span by seven, Yes, 7 years. If you ask me, that is a very good rate of return. ( oh and avoid salt )

I am sorry for the off topic post. It is great to see you and your daughter, bring so engaged in learning new things and being open to new idea's .. it is wonderful :) ... A healthy mind gets even better with a healthy body .. both will make you feel great. In any case, I wish you and your daughter, and family, good health and happiness. :)

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
    scottymclue likes this.
  16. scottymclue

scottymclue

Thank you so much for the positive feedback, it really means the world to me. I won't go into my health conditions as I don't really like to talk about that much publicly but since my wife passed away, I've never been quite the same.

My daughter is extremely busy with life and lives quite the commute away so when I get to see her and the grandchildren it is always a nice surprise.

Unity has given me a new lease for life, for learning, and whenever my daughter is free she tutors me either at home or over the wonderful world wide web. Technology has come along way in my days and good luck with your journey too!

Kennth likes this.
  17. Kennth

Kennth

I understand completely. Never give up.

scottymclue likes this.
  18. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Never gonna let you down.

Zarconis and Kennth like this.
  19. Zarconis

Zarconis

Never gonna turn around and.. *Sigh, thanks for getting that song stuck in my head chief.

@scottymclue best of luck, exploring all of this is the fun part :)..

20. warthos3399

warthos3399

Ok, even though ive replied here, and Hippocoder will smack me, this really is a thread that belongs in General, not WIP, as this is not a game in progress, lol.