Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

My first work with Unity

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by dede, Oct 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dede

dede

Hello everybody,

One week after I have downloaded the demo of Unity, i dare to show you some screenshots of my first work with Unity. It's not perfect, but for a first time it's not so bad.
    I work in architecture and I think to use Unity to make 3D visualistion in realtime. I'm new in realtime 3D, until now I have only made "static" images or precalculete animations ; You can see some exemples on my website http://homepage.mac.com/crucifixdenis/.

:D

Attached Files:

2. guategeek_legacy

guategeek_legacy

Looks good, how did you make the trees? I would love to make trees something like that. Jeff

3. Jonathan Czeck

Jonathan Czeck

I will avoid embarassment and not show you what my first Unity screenshot looked like...

It is very nice work... what is your workflow?

The one thing I think to work on would be the lighting. The lighting of the skybox doesn't really match the lighting of the scene, I think.

-Jon

4. robertseadog

robertseadog

Are those paint-effect trees? or am I dreaming..?

5. dede

dede

Hello thanks for your comments.

To make the trees I have used Maxon Exteriors, 3D Plants for Cinema 4D.

I use Archicad to make the model then I import it in C4D to texture it. Then I export to Unity in fbx.

Yes, the lightning is not very good and I must make a new skybox with Bryce. I have read a post about making skybox with Vue d'Esprit ; thus it must be also possible with Bryce.

In the last issue of the french edition of teh Computer Arts magazine, there is a focus on low poly modeling. And there is a entire scene on the DVD in fbx, with terrein, vegetation, tree, a character and textures. I don't know if you have seen it on the english version of the magazine ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.