Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

My first Unity Racing game

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by ArnoldWong, Apr 27, 2011.

1. ArnoldWong

ArnoldWong

2. Pulov

Pulov

Hi.

Amazing vid. The first minute is super pro. I cant see anything I can "complaint".

For the outdoor scene, the car seems to have the reflection/brighness a bit maxed out. I feels as if it had a ton of car wax on int plus a glossy glass finishing all over it.

About the trailers.. everything ok to me but for the end, from min 1:15 it would be cool to see the car taking of at to full speed and have a bit of that engine sound on the background.

Cant wait for the first build!

3. Kokumo

Kokumo

Muy buen modelado; mis felicitaciones.

Very good modeling; congrats!

4. Rush-Rage-Games

Rush-Rage-Games

Truly amazing!

5. SasaSmylee

SasaSmylee

Cool graphics, mate. Models and enviroment looks fantastic.
    Tell us about your game physics.

6. OutCyder

OutCyder

Really talented!

7. dog

dog

i only belive when i see it running inside unity

8. Gigas

Gigas

Shiny!
    Just like everyone else, I'm really impressed... the models are incredible.

9. nikescar

nikescar

Wow! Great job here!

Are you pulling a SimBin (start in modding then make your own commercial game)?

Can you give any pointers for someone that wants to implement realistic vehicle physics in Unity? Which avenue did you take (coded from scratch/wheel colliders/something else/etc)? I would die to have physics even half that good in my game.

Can't wait to see more!

10. faysalxxx

faysalxxx

can i download this game project please

11. ArnoldWong

ArnoldWong

No, it is not open sourced.

12. cappa

cappa

How did you import the rfactor track on unity?

13. dantheman221

dantheman221

Lol guys, you've been rick rolled by this guy xD If you inspect the site carefully, the url, for example, bsimracing.com/wsgt2-for-rfactor2-development says a lot xD Especially, the rfactor2 part :D This still tells me that I will be able to be the first person to create a truly good looking game in unity :D All I need to do is, learn to use edy's physics and I'm good :D

14. ArnoldWong

ArnoldWong

Just as I said before, it has both rF2 mod and Standalone game version with our own physics coding by using the same multimedia contents(car models, textures, sounds etc) in Unity.

I guess this is Unity, not rFactor 2?:cool:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  15. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

there all already loads of good looking games made with unity, Arnolds is one of them :D

16. w1nterl0ng

w1nterl0ng

17. ArnoldWong

ArnoldWong

18. derek_miller

derek_miller

Pure awesomeness!! I do have one question though, is that window that shows the road behind important to the game?? because it kinda distracted me..

19. ArnoldWong

ArnoldWong

Which window? =S

20. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

If i were you i would make a frame around the screen up the top, make it look like its a screen or a mirror :D

21. MABManZ

MABManZ

Check out Auto Modellista for a good reference for a cartoon racer visuals. It was a PS2/Xbox game last gen from Capcom that used cel shading.

22. Gorlog

Gorlog

oh my! thats realy avsome work keep it up most pro thing i ever seen in unity

23. ArnoldWong

ArnoldWong

Currently I am writing a new base with 3D tools for the game. The game is now possible to add USER CREATED CARS(like using 3dsmax), using the 3d Editor created for the game to apply the shaders and preview the actual in-game result, then convert them into the game's specific 3d format, putting the stuffs into the compiled game's folder, which is similar to the structure of rfactor. I will post some screenshots when the whole new base is developed more.

Arnold

24. glom1envisage0

glom1envisage0

Hear me out please. I understand you probably already have something in mind but here you have a wonderful opportunity to do what the 'industry's' racing simulation games refuse to do; be unique. It doesn't matter how and of course, it should be optional, but there should be something that allows the player to have both the joy of being able to do things in a life-like setup that you normally can't and the combination of a life-like setup merged with something un-life-like. You could make a track on the moon. Sounds silly, but as long as you don't force the player to race on the moon track, it will be a nice added bonus for those who think 'outside the box'.

25. omarzonex

omarzonex

coooooooooooooooooool Cars Realistic and realism

wow very nice

where package test cars

please man pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee

unityunity