Search Unity

Question My first unity Project and its Problems

Discussion in 'AR' started by PhilyD, Jan 4, 2021.

1. PhilyD

PhilyD

I recently decided to learn a new skill and came across unity.
    After watching Playful Technology's video on how to make a AI app in Unity using Vuforia I decided to give it a go.
    Its great fun and feels god to produce something after only a few hours of learning and work, but I have fallen at the last hurdle.
    "Building" the Game is proving a lot more complicated than my little newbie brain can handle. I select Android as my platform and when I hit the build button I get error messages saying Vulcan cant be used with Vuforia, ARcore cant be used with Vuforia and so on. I remove these from the player settings and then get another serving of error messages that I don't understand at all:
    "D:\2019.4.11f1\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.ugui\Runtime\UI\Core\MaskableGraphic.cs(152,28): error CS1061: 'CanvasRenderer' does not contain a definition for 'clippingSoftness' and no accessible extension method 'clippingSoftness' accepting a first argument of type 'CanvasRenderer' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) "

Can anyone translate this and point me in the right direction of how to fix it? Do I need to put the vulcan and ARcore back in the player settings?

After I fix this I'm looking for another project to try out so any recommendations would be ace.

2. mfuad

mfuad

Unity Technologies

Hey @PhilyD, we recommend trying out AR Foundation; there are a lot of tutorials available to choose from.