Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

My first personal Unity project

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Obscurity, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Obscurity

Obscurity

Hello, I recently bought an Indie license of Unity and I'm having a blast with it. I've pestered a few of you with questions in the forums and you have been wonderfully gracious in your responses. Just so that you know how I've been using those insights that you've passed along to me I thought I'd share the basic dev journal that I just started.

Having worked with other engines, I cannot tell you how much I love Unity. I find myself constantly surprised at how quickly I can get tasks done. It's amazing.

Anyway, thanks for making such an awesome engine, and especially thanks to those of you reading this for being part of such a great community and resource.

Here's the link:

http://s93485377.onlinehome.us/ApartmentDev/AptDev

2. DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

Nice work to date and a superb idea. I'll add this along with a handful of new news items to the WMG site in a day or two.

3. Obscurity

Obscurity

That would be very cool. Thanks, Davey.

4. drJones

drJones

very nice so far, great shot with the lamp on the floor : )

one small crit - i'd lessen or at least add some noise to the specular on the couch floor - they're a little too plastic feeling being so perfectly shiny.

5. Obscurity

Obscurity

Thanks for the crit, drJones. It was something I meant to get to and forgot about it whilst twiddling with other things. I've lowered their spec maps and added some noise then updated the pics (just now) on the web to show those changes. It wasn't a drastic shift because I still have some ambient occlusion to bake and some blob shadows to try out. Those should tone it down even more, I think, once they are in.