Search Unity

My first game, released on Android, now released on itch.io! Shadow Manor

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by OgityBogityBoo, Jul 21, 2019.

1. OgityBogityBoo

OgityBogityBoo

I made a similar post when Shadow Manor released on android last week. So this is just a copy and paste of that, but announcing it is now on itch.io!

I started Unity in 2016. I had no previous game development experience. I knew some HTML and CSS and even a little javascript but nothing to the extent of game programming.
    And now here I am in 2019 releasing my first game on Android! It has been an incredible experience full of countless trials and errors, projects that will never see the light of day and ideas waiting to blossom into fruition.
    Shadow Manor isn't anything special but I am very proud of what I've accomplished and I hope everyone who gives it a try enjoys it!

Can you escape Shadow Manor? Explore all 100 puzzling rooms of the Shadow Manor in hopes that solving each room will get you one room closer to escaping. You've entered into mansion of horror as the all consuming SHADOW is only a few steps behind you. If you cannot solve the puzzle of each room in time, pray that you can outrun the SHADOW.

Now on Android and itch.io

2. SamohtVII

SamohtVII

How did the export go from android to whatever you used (webGL)? Was it as easy as changing it in Unity?

3. palex-nx

palex-nx

There are few limitations. On web platform you don't have threads, file io and some other handy things available on other platforms. But if you don't use them initially then switching is just changing build configuration in unity.

4. OgityBogityBoo

OgityBogityBoo

I just did a .exe, not a webGL version. There were a lot of UI changes I needed to make. That was honestly the brunt of it.
    A few control tweaks. The way I built the mobile game the camera pretty much behaves just perfectly fine with a much larger aspect ratio so nothing really changed there.

There wasn't a whole lot that needed changing. The mobile game uses ads so instead of just changing the build I made a new project, copied basically all the files over and made changes to that one. That way its recognized as a different project. I wasn't sure if turning off ad stuff for the pc version would effect the mobile version and I felt it would be easiest if the two were completely separate since I had to make a lot of UI changes.

But really it was very easy in the grand scheme of things. Mostly due to how the mobile game was built.