Search Unity

Games My first game - local multiplayer game

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Liz199708, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Liz199708

Liz199708

So yeah... here it is. This is my first game I made. The basic functionalities are finished but it still could use some adjusting. This is a one person project (excluding the sounds) and was created in approximately 3 months.

I did:
    - Truck model and some environment assets like trees, streets, ramps, crates and warehouse
    - driving physics/behaviour
    - spawn mechanic and collecting/delivering logic for crates
    - steal functionality and winning condition
    - gamepad support with Unitys New Input System which takes care of the input, spawn behaviour of new players and split screen adjustments

The city and environment assets, as well as the steam effect I used are from Synty Studios.
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/environments/urban/simple-town-cartoon-assets-43500

My friend Nicolai Schneider did the sounds and theme :)
    Also thanks to @Lurking-Ninja for helping me with the Input System problem.

I would love some feedback or hear some thoughts to the look of the game!
    Cheers~

pm007 and Lurking-Ninja like this.
  2. jamespaterson

jamespaterson

Looks cool! Reminds me a bit of crazy taxi

3. warthos3399

warthos3399

The concept of the game is good, local multiplayer, nice bonus. For your 1st game, its really good, congrats. I really cant add much, as the low-poly look, and playability look spot on, if thats what you were looking for :)

4. First of all, thanks for the recognition, I appreciate it! :)

Second, cool game! Awesome! If you're planning to release it on desktops I would love to try it personally. It really is a reminder of crazy taxi, but it's good, that game was fun, this looks like fun as well.

Some things for consideration:
    - subjectively I hate this kind of low-poly things, but you can't do too much about it, creating higher-poly assets would mean too much work I presume, and it's not a deal-breaker for a couple of hours
    - what you could do is to ramp-up some post-process effects, especially some kind of anti-aliasing, the straight lines often show significant stepping (the not too aesthetic one)
    - the game-play seems a little bit slow to me, but it may be just this portion of the video and in game you can go faster, just make sure, because a lot of times taking risks and having a fast car and dangerous corners are super-fun, especially if you have something to lose in case of crash

In summary, I like it very much so far, keep it up, if you want to develop it further later, you will have many options to do so. (More car/truck/vehicle types, powerups, random events on the roads, stuff like those)