Search Unity

ONEIRO - First-person Melee Rogue [Updated December 14th]

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by ZaffreSheepGames, Jun 28, 2021.

1. ZaffreSheepGames

ZaffreSheepGames

CoolMovement.gif
    What is Oneiro?
    Oneiro throws the player into their destructible procedurally generated nightmares, and encourages a mixture of the players skill, knowledge, and creativity to reach the depths of their Labyrinth. Only by collecting/stacking items, and making good use of gear/weapons, will you be able to conquer each Layer of the Labyrinth before you inevitably wake up.

Oneiro encourages the player to use their creativity to combat the games high difficulty. Instead of going head on with a tough enemy, take out a wall near them to cave the ceiling down onto them. Maybe imbue yourself with the Poison Element and throw your spear to deal massive damage from afar.

To aid you in your nightmares, you'll need a couple other equipment
    • Items are passive equipment that grants you new abilities. Items can be stacked to further enhance their effect with seemingly no limit. For example, the Magical Lamp item grants you a midair jump; sounds useful, but it can be even more useful! Stack the Magical Lamp a few more times, and start jumping 2, 3, 4, maybe even 10 times in the air.
    • Gear are usable equipment; stuff like Life Potions, Throwing Knives, Antidotes. Among this category is the Duplicator gear, which allows you to duplicate any item/gear in your inventory. The Duplicator is a very important gear that you'll find, and you'll need to make sure to not waste them on the wrong item.
    ezgif.com-optimize (3).gif

showcase4.png
    How "rogue" is Oneiro?
    It's important to clarify the following:

There is nothing that persists between runs, and there's no upgrades to buy outside of the nightmares. The only difference between your 1st run and your 25th dream is the knowledge and skill you gain relating to the games mechanics. Use this knowledge to get further and further into the depths of your nightmares.

ezgif.com-optimize (4).gif

20210610154640_1.jpg

Here's the link to the Steam page if you are interested, and if you have any questions, ask away!
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1235800/Oneiro

-Ryan

Last edited: Mar 8, 2022
  2. ZaffreSheepGames

ZaffreSheepGames

Hey all, I've been working hard at the upcoming update, 1.1

I've created a video as sorta like a teaser for what's coming. It's a bit of a long video, but it doesn't mention nearly everything that's coming!​

BranchJump.gif

--This update will add--

Many quality of life changes to make it easier for the player to use gear
    Some new equipment
    New possibility for dungeon generation
    Several tweaks to just about every area of the game
    Some new music
    Several bug fixes

SpearGrapple.gif

If you find it interesting, you can check it's steam page out here!
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1235800/Oneiro

Kurt-Dekker likes this.
  3. ZaffreSheepGames

ZaffreSheepGames

Nearly 2 weeks later, I've published the new update to Steam!

You can read the full changelog I published here:
    https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1235800/view/2873850529015476837

TLDR/Important bits:
    • Gear is easier to use. New Gear and a new item.
    • Improved Generation
    • Several bug fixes and polishing
    • Some items were buffed
    • Chance of pots dropping gear is now influenced by your Luck stat
    • Some new audio in various places
    • Controllers can support 360 degree

ezgif.com-gif-maker (2).gif

Kurt-Dekker likes this.
  4. ZaffreSheepGames

ZaffreSheepGames

Heyo, I wanted to make an update post here on what's been happening this month!

• I've uploaded the game to Itch.io, for those who'd prefer Itch over Steam.
    • As mentioned before, Version 1.1 was released earlier this month, but since then Version 1.1.1 was also released.
      • 1.1.1 fixes a lot of little annoying bugs that makes the experience better overall.
    • A video was released as like a short "supercut" of all the stuff added for Version 1.1 (Seen Above)
    • I did a giveaway on Reddit, which you can find the reddit post here.
    • A few hours before writing this, I uploaded a new video that's a behind-the-scenes look at how I create certain patterns for Oneiro to proc. gen. (Seen Below)

And finally, here's a gif I got recently recorded. Lotta stuff happens here.
    CounterAndSpikes.gif

Hope y'all enjoy.
    -Ryan

5. ZaffreSheepGames

ZaffreSheepGames

Heya Unity Forums, recently updated Oneiro once again; Version 1.1.2!

• There is a new FoV slider in the options. Oneiro used to have a very low FoV due to me being prone to feeling sick from high FoVs.
    • The "Cerberus Paw" item has been reworked and now grants bonus damage for status effects like poison or burn. Stack this a few times, and you can dish out some major damage!
    • Many many balancing changes, regarding not only enemies, but also the value of Essence, and how commonly it's dropped. Most of these were done to prevent easy-to-become-OP strategies.
    • Some UI has been updated with a more fitting font.
    • Several bug fixes, some of which ended runs prematurely- but no more!

And to close this post off, here's something in the works for the next major update, Version 1.2:
    TerrorMode.gif

Enjoy.
    -Ryan

6. ZaffreSheepGames

ZaffreSheepGames

Hey Unity Forums!

Today I updated Oneiro to include a tutorial! Version 1.2! Here's what all changed

• New tutorial. Teaches the absolute basics of the game meant to ease players in. If you've been thinking about trying out the game, now's a great time!
    • Several bugs and softlocks were fixed for a smoother experience.
    • 2 new Steam Achievements!

Enjoy.
    -Ryan

7. ZaffreSheepGames

ZaffreSheepGames

Heyo Unity Forums, I decided to make a short video here!

This goes over- generally speaking- why it's been a couple months since the last update, and where the game is going from here on!

It also covers the new Beta version that's available to all players on Steam!

Let me know what y'all think!
    -Ryan

8. ZaffreSheepGames

ZaffreSheepGames

Heya Unity forums; got an update out! Version 1.2.1!

unknown (37).png

This is mostly a general update, but it does include some notable changes:
    • Overhaul on the menu visuals, shown above ^
    • A new gear, the Mimic. Which changes it's effect based on what it hits. Shuffle shop inventory, transform weapons, break land, and much much more with this gear. Duplicate these and experiment!
    • A new item, the Energetic Core of the Labyrinth. Boost your speed, and lower your health.
    • Some new generation patterns!
    • 2 new steam achievements

Here's the video; let me know your thoughts!
    -Ryan

9. ZaffreSheepGames

ZaffreSheepGames

Heyo Unity Forums,

I wanted to create a quick video here covering the new beta available. I've been working on integrating the Steam Leaderboards into the game, as well as an entire new end screen that displays the players score on pieces of paper!
    20220424022527_1.jpg

The next update is going well, and should arrive pretty soon; hopefully within the next week!
    -Ryan

10. ZaffreSheepGames

ZaffreSheepGames

Hey Unity forums, I'm back with a new update!

This is a special one; first update since Version 1.0 that adds a whole new weapon type, the Shield!

Shields are unique in the sense that they are overall a pretty bad weapon, but with good timing, you can activate any On-Hurt items without even taking damage. Parry enemies, increase your stats, send back massive damage, and heal all without taking damage. The Shield brings a new dynamic to possible builds in Oneiro, and I hope it brings more fun to the Labyrinth.

There's also been plenty of item reworks and additions, so give it a shot!