Search Unity

My first App Urban Hoops

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Sericet1, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Sericet1

Sericet1

Hey everyone,
    Tonight my twin brother and I released our first app for the android on the google play marketplace. We had a lot of fun making this game and learned so much from taking this project on. I am a self taught programmer and never took any classes so this was a challenge. Thank you very much to everyone who answers questions on the forums, I would not have been able to do this without all the answers that I searched for. I am posting this for anyone who would like to see what we have made using unity. It would awesome if you could rate it and maybe a quick line or two for feedback. Great community here, thanks everyone!!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...e.UrbanHoopsV2

2. lastprogrammer

lastprogrammer

3. Sericet1

Sericet1

That is weird. I just played your basketball game. It's pretty cool!

4. Sericet1

Sericet1

I even tried to make a game very similar to your veggie ninja! And your ski ball lol

I just bought your Viking game, gonna give it a shot. You'll see my rating after :)
    You making any money from your ads?

5. lastprogrammer

lastprogrammer

The ads pay our bills. Thanks for buying Viking Attack. We put a lot of effort into it since it's our only paid for app, and we consider it our biggest title so far. I will fix the android version soon, because some of the menu screens are buggy. I just got a kindle so I can test it out.

Also, don't make a game with the word "Skee" in it because a company owns the trademark. We got hit with a lawsuit and had to remove the game and put up the generic "Ball Roll" title.

6. Sericet1

Sericet1

Thanks for the heads up. I'm gonna have to figure out how to put ads on my ap... Any suggestions on where I should o to find a guide?

7. Sericet1

Sericet1

How did you set your ads on your apps? I have been spending all day trying to figure it out. I have the SDK for admob and trying to figure out how to setup the ads inside unity. I keep getting refered to plugins but I don't want to go that way.

8. lastprogrammer

lastprogrammer

I used Prime 31's Mopub plugin for android, but now that is discontinued, and I used Adwhirl for iOS. But now I am integrating Tapjoy's plugin, because it's free and has more features than those other plugins.

I don't know how to write plugins or else I would be. I rely on other people for this. I have been asking other programmers here on the forums and elsewhere, on how to write these plugins but I have never gotten a reply. This is apparantly very confidential information.

But I have been able to track down some code. If you use C# then check out the System.Runtime.InteropServices class. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.runtime.interopservices.aspx . That is the closest I have come to understanding how to integrate third party SDKs.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013