Search Unity

My feedbacks

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by sebas77, Mar 23, 2018.

1. sebas77

sebas77

1) biggest problem I got is about my machine forgetting often my license key. When this happens, Unity Hubs doesn't recognize it, but it let me start Unity. Unity however won't ask me for the license and just get stuck on the loading screen. I usually swear a lot before remembering what the real problem is. To fix it I have to run Unity without the hub which will open the License Management window.

2) I would really appreciate the Hub opening a project with the closest version available instead to ask me to download that specific version. Currently I have to select my installed version of unity as preferred install to do the trick

I think there was something more but I don't remember now, I will update this thread in case.

2. BorisMongeau

BorisMongeau

Unity Technologies

Hi sebas77,

1) This is seems like a bug that we should fix. Could you give us a bit more details on the versions you use? Also it's not usual that a license key get forgotten, do you have some details about that?

2) For now you can click on the three dots(...) to the right of the project. We will consider having the same options directly in the <download a specific version> window.

3. sebas77

sebas77

For the point 2, the three dots just give me the option to use the "preferred" installation, not the closest version, right?

it seems that the point 2 has been addressed by the latest hub built. Thanks a lot!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  4. sebas77

sebas77

I would like to be able to remove projects from the projects history list