Search Unity

My feedback for Unity Hub 2.0

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by LivioDeLaCruz, May 17, 2019.

1. LivioDeLaCruz

LivioDeLaCruz

Hey Unity Hub team, I love version 2.0! Great work on the redesign! So many useful features!

I'm going to nitpick a bit while sharing some of the ways I use Unity Hub.

Right now I'm working on a lot of porting gigs, making other people's games ready for release on console. My workflow often involves making multiple clones of the same repo. And I'm often switching back and forth between projects and Unity versions, so the version & target selectors are perfect for me. However, because I have so many clones and projects at the same time, I often get lost in my big list of recently opened Unity projects. Sometimes these repos place Unity in a generic "Unity" folder, and so the folder name is often not the most useful place to extract the project name from.

I often open projects not to modify them but to simple reference something in them. Hence, the "Last modified" column isn't the most useful for me. I would prefer the option of "Most recently opened". This ordering seemed to be the same in Hub v1, so I was still running into the same problem of getting lost in my own cluttered project list. Back then I got around this by simply clicking Open and directly navigating to the directory I wanted to open. In Hub 2.0 when I click "Add" it doesn't automatically open the project. Even if it doesn't open the project, I would like it to at least move the already existing project to the top of the list so that I can open it (while also giving me the chance to make sure the unity version and target versions are correct).

So that's my experience using it. One last point of feedback: is it possible to have the Target Platform category automatically display the current platform target of the project (specifically, which platform is the current /Library/ cache for)?

Thanks for hearing out my feedback.

2. MigrantP

MigrantP

We also have to build some projects on multiple platforms, and it's nearly impossible to tell them apart now in Unity Hub. Literally the only way is to "reveal in finder" and see where it is. The tooltip showing the path is cut off very short.