Search Unity

My Editor Camera can't get close to objects/terrain without cutting out?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Kajamaz, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Kajamaz

Kajamaz

So whenever I get close to terrain, it culls or just dissapears, I'm not sure whats happening in the editor. I can't edit anything close to the terrain because it dissapears. I need help. How do I make this not happen. I can't edit anything on the ground. I can't get closer than the image other wise the ground cuts out. Untitled.jpg

2. DroidifyDevs

DroidifyDevs

UnityClip.PNG
    You are clipping too much. See the attached image and make the value smaller. However, the default 0.3 is very close so perhaps your FPS character is too small. Remember that 1 unit = 1 meter, so it's good practice to try to scale appropriately (doesn't have to be exact).

3. Kajamaz

Kajamaz

Actually I pressed F and it fixed. Thanks.

4. DroidifyDevs

DroidifyDevs

Oh, you were referring to the editor camera. The one you should care about is the Game View because that's what your players will see. Only you see the Editor camera, and that can be fixed by zooming, pressing F or double-clicking the object you want.

5. Kajamaz

Kajamaz

Haha, game view didn't matter, that's fine. I have a script for the camera to follow the player at a certain distance. I have a new issue now https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/terrain-shader-flicker.449078/

6. Skymanj

Skymanj

I'm currently having that same issue with the terrain is culling as well. Pressing F doesn't work for me. I can still edit but it's annoying that I have to do it from afar(but not too far bc then the fog takes over my entire terrain (turning it off does help but that used to not be a problem)) This all started when I got the:
    "The editor layout could not be fully loaded, this can happen when the layout contains EditorWindows not available in this project" comment from Unity, I don't know what that means honestly. Help? terrain_error.PNG Help?

7. KingToto

KingToto

same for me but I can't fix it

8. charliewdent

charliewdent

9. LordCafe

LordCafe

same...

10. colt0560

colt0560

11. eleven3003

eleven3003

where can i find these settings

12. CassClay

CassClay

Camera Settings

13. BTYREX

BTYREX

Maybe you guys didn't understand the "f" press. First select whatever object you want. Then zoom out/go further from that object. Then press "f" for zooming to that object. If once pressed doesn't get too close to that object press that key again.