Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

My content is being stopped by admin

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by will_garn, Jan 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. will_garn

will_garn

I am trying to post a possible new asset and ask people if they would like it and I'm getting censured, saying my content is spam or something

What am I doing wrong?

Any Ideas ?

This is the memo :

The following error occurred:
    Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator.

Airmouse likes this.
  2. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

The spam filter sometimes goes nuts on your first post.

Ironically, posting a post asking about the spam filter is normally enough to convince the spam filter that you are human.

Welcome aboard.

3. will_garn

will_garn

Thanks mate !

4. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

I just approved your post. The automatic filter catches many posts and puts them in a moderation queue for manual approval. Probably because of the links to images. No worries, it’s live now.

Joe-Censored likes this.
  5. FFMatt

FFMatt

The same thing just happened to my first post. Hopefully, if nothing else, replying here will go some way to proving my humanity!

Kiwasi likes this.
  6. Jacob_Unity

Jacob_Unity

Administrator

That's exactly what a robot would say! Quick, solve this captcha!

7. Okaniku

Okaniku

Trying to edit my first post to change a couple of the URLs but getting the same error!

8. Airmouse

Airmouse

If the spam filter is going crazy, then can i post here to prove I am not spamming?

[edit]
    I can edit here?

9. Airmouse

Airmouse

Nope, still thinks I'm spamming, can't edit my horribly formatted posts.

[edit]
    and I can edit here?

[edit]
    Replying here has not helped, I have 10 posts already but I still can't edit my other posts?

Please fix this!!!

[edit]
    One day later and I still get:

"Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator."

But it's simply just code and an explanation, why is it inappropriate for the site?

[edit]
    Still getting block message after making even a few edits. I am learning that the filter doesn't mind me correcting spelling errors so long as they contain no special characters such as quotes.

When I add quotes or some small changes I then have my ability to edit my posts revoked and that sticks, for a while, or forever, I don't know, it's very stress inducing when trying to refine a topic... oh well.

[edit]
    Days later and I just got hit again for adding a newline to a post, My guess is that Unity's filter is way overly aggressive.

[edit]
    can't remove newlines either, this blows.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  10. Airmouse

Airmouse

I keep getting slammed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator."

Why is this site so strict?

I know I'm a bad speller, and I make many edits. Is that really such a crime? Common!!!!

Maybe there's hope though:
    """If you still have problems, please contact an administrator."""
    How? And who? And what do I say? What will they do?

11. You can go to the meta-forum discussion and open a new thread and write down whatever is you have problems with.
    Try to describe what is it you wrote what kicked off the spam filter, obviously you need to describe with different words, otherwise it will kick off the spam filter again.
    It's more than bad spelling, I'm afraid.

Ryiah likes this.
  12. Airmouse

Airmouse

Lol, you bet it is!! I mean we are all coders here, and I thought there was some appreciation for the freedom to make revision (no matter how minute).

But if your comment was some kind of stab at a cruel pun then good show sir, and good day.

I have posted a lot of code, and try to make small changes when i see flaws, but Unity forum is still treating me unfairly and making it so I can't fix errors. Why would that be considered a positive thing? It's frustrating...

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  13. Ryiah

Ryiah

We're in General Discussion. It's mostly trolls and a couple of bored moderators. :p

Kiwasi and Lurking-Ninja like this.
  14. Well, if you're a coder, you should know that writing precisely is a must. You get compile errors if you write "public class !!!!! {}" in your code. Look at it similarly, spam filter is the compiler of the forum in order to protect the community and the discussion from overwhelming garbage and noise.
    And the forum and the community are fairly forgiving, they tolerate my writing as well, and English is not my first language so I write very badly. (I'm trying, but losing the rules of my mother language and pick up English rules is not something one can do easily to become natural)
    So either you did something wrong (like you have put way too many exclamation points in your posts) or something is wrong. Either way, you can ask in the meta-forum thread if you did something wrong so you can change your behavior.
    No one is trying to treat you unfairly, these rules for everyone, you're not special case.

Nice trolling! I genuinely chuckled. :D

15. Airmouse

Airmouse

I never would have known that, thanks!!!!!!

And what you say is irrelevant and missed all points.

I am not here to argue with trolls or mods,

When I read:
    That's exactly what I did, I posted here, asked about it, and made many edits in hopes the spam filter would recognize me as a real user.

But you suggest that my posts are shameful because I like to alter and perfect them constantly. But if you want to trade words then here: I bet your code stays stale like bread.

Bye.

16. Wait what? When did I say that your post is shameful? At all? I haven't said that.

BTW, your post probably spam because no one else was relying in your thread and you're posting similar posts one after the other. Delete your last posts and edit your first one with the updated text and updated code and you'll be fine.

If you're still talking about this thread: https://forum.unity.com/threads/ass...umandescription-mappings-in-unity-2019.649363

Airmouse likes this.
  17. jimmyvdongen

jimmyvdongen

The same thing just happened to my first post. Hopefully, if nothing else, replying here will go some way to proving my humanity!

Airmouse likes this.
  18. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

Threads in a the moderation queue get approved (or not) when mods visit the site and get time to check them. Usually it happens quickly, but can take up to a couple of days. (depending on timezone, day of the week etc.) . Just be patient, don't post to ask about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.