Search Unity

Resolved My character's UV map gets messed up upon import from blender. What might have caused this?

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by PowerJake, Jun 21, 2021.

1. PowerJake

PowerJake

I have this character and I'm rather proud of him overall, but the UV's on some of the the faces on his armor get messed up when I import them to unity.

Here is what they look like in unity.
    upload_2021-6-21_11-49-11.png

And here is what it is supposed to look like shown in blender.
    upload_2021-6-21_11-57-32.png

I highlighted the one edge of the uv that gets messed up. For some reason that face shifts up one pixel and so the edge highlight on the bottom is hidden and the unedited grid on the top right corner is exposed.

This is my first time creating and importing a 3d character from scratch so I do not know where to look for issues. Any idea where I should look for the problem? Thanks for reading my question!

UPDATE: I forgot to note that I imported this by exporting to fbx first rather than just dropping the .blend just in case that means anything for my issue to any 3d pipeline gurus.

2. PowerJake

PowerJake

That was dumb haha. Somehow an old version of the texture made it into the game instead of the correct one. I spent about a week or two with the wrong texture because I missed this. I was convinced it was a bug in unity.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
    BrandyStarbrite and bgolus like this.
  3. BrandyStarbrite

BrandyStarbrite

Interesting. Good to see you figured out what was causing the problem.:)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2021