Search Unity

my character models hands look weird

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by theshaggyking347, Jul 27, 2022.

1. theshaggyking347

theshaggyking347

upload_2022-7-27_4-49-59.png
    my character model hands are looking like french fries ( i tried to put a white material to fix it)
    is there anything i can do to fix this sort of thing help me plz

2. neginfinity

neginfinity

Few thoutghts.

In 3d editor make sure the model is correctly weight painted, deforming one finger does not break hand, and t hat model does NOT use dual-quaternion skinning.

In unity, if you're using humanoid rig, go to avatar setup and see if fingers deform correctly.

Because in this case this can be both error with weight painting (I see tears in model that shouldn't be there) or animation being used. French fries are obviously fingers, bu they're misaligned.

3. theshaggyking347

theshaggyking347

i imported this gameobject from blender and put it into mixamo then to unity
    so do i weight-paint it or not

4. halley

halley

Weight painting (or more accurately, bone influence data and vertex groups on the mesh) is necessary information for Unity to use. While still in Blender, you should always paint or adjust the weights and actually test them by posing the bones in whatever range you expect your game to do, until you're happy with the deformations. Then be sure your bones are being identified properly in Mixamo or Unity. An easy mistake would be if the Mixamo figure did not have finger bones, or if the Unity controller made a mess of them because it got the fingertips mixed up between the fingers.