Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

My character has become very small

Discussion in 'Animation' started by german_rp, Dec 24, 2014.

1. german_rp

german_rp

Sorry, I have cloned this thread because The title could be not clear enough, and I don't know how to change it.

Hello, I´m new in animations in Unity 3D.

I have used one animation (the "BaseMale" carácter downloaded from the asset Store) and I have done a firing animation using 3d Studio Max.
    The animation is OK, and I have seen it very nice in the inspector of Unity.
    The problema is that when I try to use it, Unity say to me that it can´t find this animation.

I have realized that if I put as a Legacy type then it Works, but Unity does a very strange thing, my character plays the animation, but it reduces its size about four times (it gets 4 times lower tan usual). When the animation finishes, he recovers his original size.

Any help would by appreciated.

I have tried with the scale parameter of the model (inside the animation), but it doesn´t work as I expected.

I am a bit lost, could you help me, please???

Thank You in advance.

German.

2. german_rp

german_rp

I have been trying to find any differences between my animations, the ones that work well and the one that reduces my chracter when it´s applied.
    I have found that there are differences in the Scale Parameters, as you can see in the Pictures (See Pictures "Escala 1" and "Escala 2").
    Escala2.png

Escala1.png

The correct one have a scales factors of 1 - 1 - 1
    But the wrong one, has scale factors of 0.393700 - 0.393700 - 0.393700

I think that this is what it´s causing the reduction of my character´s size (see pictures "Normal Size" and "Reduced Size")
    Normal Size.png Reduced Size.png

But I am not able to change that parameters, I don´t know if I can do it nor how I do it.

Could it be the reason?

Please need some help.

Thanks.

3. german_rp

german_rp

Please need some Help!!!!

Can anyone give me a clue??

Thanks guys.

4. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Change the size/scale upon import and it should work. Don't forget to click apply.