Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

my CAT rig out of Max is not playing the dude idle correctly

Discussion in 'Animation' started by sheper00, Nov 1, 2013.

1. sheper00

sheper00

First baby steps in mecanim - looks amazing as a tool

I got the tutorial all working brilliantly

I then created a generic human mesh with a baseHuman Cat rig

Exporting that to Unity i set up the state machine to play the regular dude idle that ships with the unity 4 tutorial but pressing play the character goes into the pose that looks most like the pose the character will go into when you click the muscles tab...

Any suggestions welcome $thisPose.jpg

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  2. kanga

kanga

Initialize the rig of the imported animation. Make sure when you export the catrig you specify bones to dummies or something like that in the FBX options.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  3. sheper00

sheper00

Thanks kanga I will do that- the 2nd bit I understand As i have used fbx exporters a lot

The first piece of info i don't exactly know what initialising the rig means

i set my generic guy to be humanoid.... i think the step i'm missing is dragging the animation controller script that comprises the state machine back onto the character in the viewport- playing back the vid one step at at a time that was something that I seemed to not do, tho I would have thought that if that component is in the generic guys list of components that would already be connected.

I find that with unity sometimes, its like you have to do 2 things quite often to hook up and engage the compenent

4. kanga

kanga

You got it to work? Great.

I get what you describe if I try to play an animation with mecanim and have forgotten to activate the animation by classifying it as humanoid and by configuring it under rig. Also make sure you import your character through the menu. Drag dropping stuff seems to mess it up at the moment.

Cheers

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  5. sheper00

sheper00

No i havent had time to redo but will do... i always get pulled onto sprites creation and away from anim stuff - grrr ;)