Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Question My camera goes under my scene on selecting the Timeline object!!

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by Jeea84, Mar 29, 2024.

1. Jeea84

Jeea84

This might be my first time trying out Timelines, but I've done video editing before and I'm definitely not new to animation/animator in Unity.
    For some reason, my main camera / camera view in Game mode, goes down under the bottom floor of my scene, whether I select the Timeline object in the scene without Play, and on Play mode.
    As soon as I disable the Timeline, the camera animations are working perfectly!
    If I didn't have to animate a couple of other objects in the scene between the cutscenes, I wouldn't even use the Timeline.
    This is quite ridiculous. It's like the timeline is changing the camera forcefully.
    On the other hand, in the Unity Editor, Timeline is actually moving.
    This is not working in Preview of Timeline either.
    The camera stays on one spot frozen. Even it's DEFAULT position isn't where it's going!!
    I even changed the position of the Timeline.
    I also tried to use the script.
    Nothing is working! I don't understand this!
    Please help/ advise.
    For the moment, I'll just use a script to play my animations manually.
    But this problem is going to bug me for as long as it's not solved. If I can not use it once, how will I use it again?