Search Unity

My big doubt

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by TheMadTomato1209, May 14, 2020.

?

Which is better(i dont speak about easier, about better)?

1. Character controller with simulated "physics"

50.0%
  2. RigidBody with edited physics

50.0%
  1. TheMadTomato1209

TheMadTomato1209

So im having a big doubt between using a rigidbody controller or character controller. I know that rigidbodies are bad in nice simulation, they also get stuck at walls and such, but they are awesome with physics and smoothness. Character controller is good for the simulation of terrain crossing, steps and such, but is not as smooth as rigid and it also has to get programmed "physics", which (im not sure, i just think like that) are not as good as rigid's, right? I know that lerp and smoothDamp can fix it, but i dont know how to work with them right now(of course i learn it). So im asking which do you prefer? And also it would be really nice to say in the comment why you would chose it and maybe give an advice. I have done character controller movement, for a test. Im a beginner so please keep it simple.

2. Ryiah

Ryiah

Always avoid physics if you can. It's an added level of headache when it comes to making everything work right.

TheMadTomato1209 and JoeStrout like this.
  3. TheMadTomato1209

TheMadTomato1209

Ok thank you

4. TheMadTomato1209

TheMadTomato1209

Before i asked about this, i made a little research. I saw that lerp is good for player and object movement and smoothDamp is good for camera movement. What will you say about that?