Search Unity

Feedback My assets won't download

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by PokeGren, Nov 21, 2021.

1. PokeGren

PokeGren

I am on a Mac, but I can't get any packages to download into the package manager, and I couldn't find them anywhere on my computer. Can anyone help me?

2. BetaMark

BetaMark

Maybe someone who is a mac user can respond with more detail, but for me over on windows 11 -- when I purchase an asset, I have to
    1) go into the unity editor, open up Package Manager under the Windows menu
    2) change from "Packages: In Project" over to "Packages: My Assets"
    3) and finally, I can search for my new package by name

Once I've selected the package I want to download, there is a "Download" button in the bottom right corner of the Package Manager.

Once the download is complete, the download button changes to an "Import" button and I then can just import the package that I've purchased directly into my open project.

FWIW, I almost *never* import whole packages into my existing project -- and instead I'll start a new, blank project, and do my initial import so that I can play with the asset before I try and get it to work in my existing game project. It makes reviewing the asset and identifying where all its pieces get placed in the "Project" folder much easier than trying to import it into my messy project :-D

3. PokeGren

PokeGren

Thanks for the info, but that is exactly the problem. There are no packages in the “My assets” section of the package manager. When I try to download from the asset store, all it does is download nowhere. I’ve scanned the computer, but I can't find any of my packages.
    (Also, I used to work on my windows computer, however I am doing AR stuff, so I had to switch to the Mac.)