Search Unity

Feedback 'My Asset' improvement feature

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by Waterlane, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Waterlane

Waterlane

Two suggestions for improvements...
    1. 'My Assets', add an option to show those in the project already - it's not easy to see which are already imported.
    2. Clearly stating which Asset version is imported.
    i.e. I've two projects Project A has old version imported. Project B has new version imported. Project A states the new version is downloaded, but it's not clear which version the Project is actually using (hope that makes sense)

2. Shaunyowns

Shaunyowns

Hey there @Waterlane,

I asked the team and here's the response I got

"To answer the features requests, what they want is pretty much what we do for the Package manager packages. These packages will be usable in the future in the asset store."

I hope this helps!

3. Waterlane

Waterlane

Hmm - thanks for the reply - I'm not sure I follow that tbh. I was trying to say how the package manager may get confused, if more than one project use different versions of the same package. It's not that important though, merely feedback

However, on another completely unrelated note, but why I've got your attention, is there anyway you could get me some feedback about BUG #1282020 . Opened on the 2nd of October... My Scene view has completely greyed out and become unusable. :-/

Cheers and sorry for being greedy :-D