Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

My Asset got rejection twice

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by salmanhayat16, Nov 3, 2022.

1. salmanhayat16

salmanhayat16

Hello everyone, I created a custom editor tool for unity developers. The purpose of this tool is to allow one to navigate between the scenes with just a single click. When working on a large project with multiple scenes, one may get frustrated in finding scenes, and literally, it takes a lot of time. So I created a custom window that contains all your working scenes from build settings or from the project folder. I wanted it to publish on the asset store for free, but the unity asset store team rejected it saying,

"This package is too simple for our current standards. Please spend more time researching the current game market, polishing and tweaking your package to a high degree of quality, and expanding its contents to reach a broader audience. We recommend visiting the Asset Store Forums so users may give you more feedback (https://forum.unity.com/forums/assets-and-asset-store.32/) and reading the Submission Guidelines (https://unity3d.com/asset-store/sell-assets/submission-guidelines). Until you make improvements, we have chosen not to publish this asset. However, we greatly appreciate the time and effort spent in preparing your submission."

Note: I submitted this asset using the Unity AssetStore Tools package.
    I don't know how to make it acceptable as it is just a tool. I have seen a lot of such paid assets.

Here are the visuals of the tool.
    Youtube Demo :

GitHub link: https://github.com/salmanhayat1998/Scenes-Navigator

Attached Files:

2. Homicide

Homicide

Hmm. Well, i will say this. I can see it being considered too simple - but, if you want my honst opinion, its better than the current stock tools for scene management. I'm sure it wouldnt be too hard to script this in, if one was so inclined, though I have a post around here somewhere lost over time, griping about the build settings window. It is not expandable, and frankly, beyond working with uhh... lets say a broken unity tutorial project... its very agitating to have such a confined window.

You got a link for your tool? oh, you do :D, but the links not working. i will test it out. It definitely looks like an upgrade to the current system.

3. salmanhayat16

salmanhayat16

Thank you @Homicide for your feedback, yeah it's not that for an experienced developer, I created this for myself and shared it with my friends and they liked it. I searched for similar tools on the asset store and my reaction was, "I will make a better one and publish it for free". As you can see in the video, it is expandable, you can add/remove and create scenes as you can. it is uploaded on GitHub, still, if you are having issues opening links, let me know I ll upload it here.

4. salmanhayat16

salmanhayat16

Try this one:
    https://github.com/salmanhayat1998/Scenes-Navigator

5. mgear

mgear

yup, seems bit simple and if you look at other scene managers, there are so many of them already..
    (usually that feels like one reason to reject, even if developers want to submit free tools)
    https://assetstore.unity.com/?q=scene manager&orderBy=1

that video is nice & clean quality - just missing mouse cursor?

Homicide likes this.
  6. Homicide

Homicide

Wow, there really is alot of 'scene management' stuff. And some seriously ranging prices, hehe. I wouldnt have even though to look honestly. As i said, the stock interface is bad, but meh, its nothing a simple editor utility couldnt take care of if i 'really' ever wanted to bother. I guess time spent looking at the build scene interface is just not enough.

But thread caught my eye, figured i would take a look.

7. salmanhayat16

salmanhayat16

yeah, most of them are scene managers, but it's not a Scene manager. Its scene Navigator. There is a difference.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2022
    Homicide likes this.
  8. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

Pretty sure I've seen this on the store though. Multiple times. As just one feature out of many. Could be in MonKee or one of these hierarchy/general UI overhaul things or improved editor UX tools (like Odin) or most likely in one or several of those Scene Manager tools. It's definitely something you can find on the store if you go looking specifically for that.

9. salmanhayat16

salmanhayat16

Yeah, you can find similar tools, So what I am supposed to do now? should add more modules? as I intentionally made a single responsibility component.

10. DragonCoder

DragonCoder

The Unity package system might be a bit too heavy for single responsibility components. That said I too have seen way more useless stuff on the store.

Fear the only thing you can do, unless you do have ideas to expand it, is to keep it on github (described/tagged well) and advertise it in the resources channel of the Unity discord. Maybe offer a package file though besides a full project on GH.

salmanhayat16 likes this.
  11. salmanhayat16

salmanhayat16

Got it, it's already on GitHub, thinking to make a release. Anyways, thank you guys for the feedback. :)