Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

My Art Gallery Wip

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by deram_scholzara, Dec 12, 2006.

1. deram_scholzara

deram_scholzara

This is one of at least 4 sections of my art virtual art gallery. The sky is just one of the defaults for now, because I'm still tweaking lighting and other things. Also, the images will be sitting on the black stone squares on each of those sandstone trapezoids. They will each be their own texture so that they are high-res-ish.

http://dreamart.hostiz.com/artsite/vagtest/Art Gallery Testing.html

2. forestjohnson

forestjohnson

Looks absolutly wonderful! This is probably the best realtime graphics I have ever seen in Unity. Reminds me of Myst. Hope to see some of that kind of hotness connected with intense gameplay someday!

:D

3. deram_scholzara

deram_scholzara

Hehe, well if I could get a scripter to help me out with my side-scroller idea, maybe I'd actually have a game.*hint hint*

4. drJones

drJones

very nice - will you be displaying your own artwork or someone else's?

PS that round windowed structure totally reminds me of Jabba's palace ; )

5. deram_scholzara

deram_scholzara

It'll be my own artwork. It's going to go up on my website as an alternative to just flipping through html pages.

6. forestjohnson

forestjohnson

That sounds awesome. Maybe I could help you after things cool down over here. I am always looking for more things to code so I can learn it better.

7. deram_scholzara

deram_scholzara

Awesome. Let me know when you're ready and I'll discuss my ideas with you. The side-scroller will be aimed to run at a minimum of 25 fps on a Radeon 9600, so you can imagine that in a real-time sense, it'll be much more graphically intensive. Additionally, it will be set up to take advantage of the additional rendering power of my X1600.

8. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

Very pretty, well done!

9. deram_scholzara

deram_scholzara

Woah, you get up early too, Tom! Oh wait... you're still in Europe. Thanks for all the comments. I should have that link updated sometime later today with a newer revision.