Search Unity

My app failed because of Unity ads. What can be done?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by MammothINC, Mar 22, 2015.

1. MammothINC

MammothINC

So apple has rejected my game due to the metadata. Specifically it was one of the ads that had a google play icon. What else needs to be done in order to get this on the app store. I have attached the screenshot they send me and here is the full letter.

3.1 Details

We noticed that your app or its metadata contains irrelevant platform information in the video advertisement. Providing future platform compatibility plans, or other platform references, is not appropriate for the App Store.

Specifically, we noticed that the app includes references to "Android/Amazon". It would be appropriate to remove the following content.

Next Steps

Please remove any instances of this information from your app and its marketing materials, including the Application Description, What's New info, Previews and screenshots.

Since your iTunes Connect Application State is Rejected, a new binary will be required. Make the desired metadata changes when you upload the new binary.

NOTE: Please be sure to make any metadata changes to all App Localizations by selecting each specific localization and making appropriate changes.

Attached Files:

2. darkhog

darkhog

Two words: Cydia Store. All people I know and have enough money for an iPhone have it jailbroken so selling it on Cydia will do as good as on AppStore. Alternatively try sneaking it past the radar by disabling ads for initial release that will be looked over by Apple's censors, then once it's accepted and in store sneak ads back in an update.

3. Ostwind

Ostwind

A lot of people who have jailbreaked phone also have pirate repos added to cydia so they download everything for free and/or they use adblocks.

I would suggest submitting a ticket to Unity or posting at the correct section and try your luck there

http://forum.unity3d.com/forums/unity-ads.67/

4. smitchell

smitchell

The first time I submitted my game I was rejected for the same reason, UnityAds 'cleaned' up most of the ads but there are still a few in there that contain the google play badge.

So just resubmit your game, thats what I did and the second time it went though! it's now live on the App Store with Unity Ads :)

angrypenguin likes this.
  5. Devil_Inside

Devil_Inside

Whoa. That's an interesting issue.
    How is it supposed to work then? UnityAds needs to have separate ad images for different platforms?

6. smitchell

smitchell

it's not even images, its the videos themselves that show the google play badge, but yeah essentially that's whats going to have to happen! campaigns will probably have to provide multiple videos for separate platforms.

7. goat

goat

How can they claim targeted advertising when they don't even target the correct platform?

8. MammothINC

MammothINC

I tried uploading it again with the ads disabled and it failed for having no ads.

Who should I contact at Unity about this issue?

9. mike950

mike950

Something doesn't add up. Failed for not showing ads?