Search Unity

My 2 Cents, Unity Hub Feedback

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by dCalle, Feb 2, 2018.

1. dCalle

dCalle

Hey guys,

Actually, nice work so far, from what I've read so far I just wanted to ask for another feature:
    * Being able to delete any Unity Version. As of now I can only delete the newest beta. Also
    * The Option to automatically close the Hub when opening a project, so it acts like a versatile version launcher.

That would be it for now,

Keep it up ;-)

2. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback! We limited the uninstall capability to the versions of Unity installed through the Hub only. We wouldn't want to remove software we did not help install. As for closing the Hub automatically, do you mean only leaving the tray application running? Because if you just need to open projects in their respective editor version you could simply open them directly from the tray menu (Your latest five projects should be visible there).

Cheers :)

dCalle likes this.
  3. dCalle

dCalle

alright, so it looks like I don't need hub^^ I just thought it would be a nice launcher with some neat future additions. SO since i'm always updating to the newst version it looks like It isn't of use for me as of now^^

But I'm ready to be surprised anytime soon ;-)

4. dCalle

dCalle

Alrighty, updated to the new version. which is unable to find the new beta version of unity 2018.1 (b6). Looks like its not getting or fetching the data from the server.

Anyhow: have a nice day ;-)

5. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Hi again,
    The beta versions are made available to all versions of the Hub. You should be able to see b6 by now. Please let us know if it's still missing.

Best