Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

MVS 2017 integration issue

Discussion in '2019.2 Beta' started by ZoidbergForPresident, Mar 5, 2019.

1. ZoidbergForPresident

ZoidbergForPresident

Hello,

Long story short, I reinstalled VSC 2017 separately along with 2019.2.xa and opening a script in Unity launches VSC but I have no Unity integration (I just have "start" instead of attach to unity).

Any way of fixing this? The tools for unity are installed (it says "experimental" and I CANNOT uninstall it - I can go through the uninstall process but when VSC is launched the tools are back).

Help, please?

2. miniwolf_unity

miniwolf_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey @ZoidbergForPresident
    Do you mean Visual Studio 2017? VSC could mean Visual Studio Code. But for VS 2017, you should make sure the csproj and sln are generated.
    Next the Attach Unity Debugger, should be under the menu "Debug".
    If it cannot be found, please try updating your Visual Studio version. I am using 15.9.7 and my Visual Studio Tools for Unity is version 3.9.0.3. Do you have similar or above versions of these?

3. ZoidbergForPresident

ZoidbergForPresident

Yeah, I meant MVS17 and I found the attach to unity in the menu, but I remember it replacing the "run" button in previous versions... anyway to make it so again? It'd require less clicks. :p

Thanks for the answer!

miniwolf_unity likes this.
  4. miniwolf_unity

miniwolf_unity

Unity Technologies

It should be there, if Visual Studio detects the sln and csproj files relates to a Unity project. If it is not, it sounds like a problem in the Visual Studio Tools for Unity. This is maintained by Microsoft.