Search Unity

MV FPS Controller

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by MarinchenkoVA, Oct 28, 2020.

1. MarinchenkoVA

MarinchenkoVA

First person controller with built-in animation and sounds, based on Unity's Character Controller.
    Here are some interesting features:
    slide on high angle slopes,
    force and speed depending animation (e.g. landing animation) and sounds (steps volume depends on speed),
    material depending sounds (steps, jumps, landings, slide),
    energy system (player stops running if energy is low),
    energy depending breath sounds and animation,
    moving platform support

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/templates/systems/mv-fps-controller-181699

2. MarinchenkoVA

MarinchenkoVA

Here are some questions about asset:

1) Can it be used as a TPS controller ?
    2) Does it use the new Unity Input system ?
    3) Can it support Touch, mouse , xbox,ps4 pad ?
    4) Does it have an example of changing the bliding config key of the controller ?

1. Yes, you could move your camera off the character, but animation system will rotate and shake camera anyway. You can disable some animations in config.
    2. Package includes PlayerInput script with old input system, but you could implement your own inputs (with new input system or any other one) and reference Player (main script) as InputReceiver class to pass input into Player.
    3. Definitely, but again basic input implementation uses old input system (Input.GetAxis("Mouse X" and Y).
    4. If you mean sliding, then I am sorry, because slide is only occured when character moves on slope with angle that is higher than CharacterController.slopeLimit value (there is no special button to start sliding like in Apex Legends or something similar).

3. FractalCore

FractalCore

Great system. It became my favourite of all the first person controllers I've tried from the asset store.

However, there is a significant bug with this. Put the controller under a tilted box like in the picture, and jump. Basically so that there is something just above you that you'll jump into and hit your head on.

It locks the controller into some kind of bugged state where it can't jump anymore, moves slower, and when you stop moving, it will continue drifting in a random direction very slowly. You can get out of it again if you crouch.

I couldn't figure out a way to fix this, so I can't make use of MV FPS Controller until this is corrected.

And it's a shame because this controller has the best slope control I've seen in Unity. It doesn't just stop you when a slope is too steep, it's more gradual and feels much more pleasant while playing. Amongst other cool features.

Attached Files:

greene_tea92 likes this.
  4. derkoi

derkoi

Try DMing the dev. I got a response from him but that was a while ago. He fixed the hight bug that I found that was included in the last update but unfortunately I think he's abandoned the asset. He said he was going to add ladders but never did.