Search Unity

Mutiplayer

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Harrison1545, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Harrison1545

Harrison1545

Hello people, i would first like to say that i'm new to unity so please excuse me if i say something that might sound nontechnical or something. Me and my friend want to start making a game and we looked at some good tutorials of getting started but we thought to our self's how does multiplayer work? because we know that you need a server of course but if we were ever going to make multiplayer where would we start and how would we do it? If someone could just give me a brief explanation of how its done it would be much appreciated. Have a nice day :)

2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

It's pretty easy. First, spend a year or two writing single-player games. Get good at that. When you've got that down and it's no sweat at all to deal with physics, scoring, hit detection, resource management, user preferences, etc., then you start reading (or watching, as you prefer) a few articles/talks/tutorials about multiplayer, and you'll actually understand it.

It's not that hard once you're at that point, but for a newbie it is out of reach — so, concentrate for now on leveling up your skills, and take on the multiplayer boss when you're ready!

3. Harrison1545

Harrison1545

Oh ok thanks allot.