Search Unity

Muting Unity ads does not work.

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by grozail, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Mozenrath

Mozenrath

Same, xiaomi redmi note 11 pro.
    The answer is always the same. 1 year to solve a simple problem or redo the ads. some ads work well the volume others blow our heads so loud. this is annoying, shouldn't happen anymore. however we are dealing with a company that every day shows the size of its credibility with its customers and users. Let each one draw their conclusions. Because it is unacceptable that we have to lose a function of the device, which is the stereo audio mode, because the company is not competent to solve a year-long problem or redo the ads correctly. One F*** year and nothing changed!!!!!!

pavelrohac, unity_velella and Lorrak like this.
  2. unity_velella

unity_velella

I'm so glad to have found your post. It is very frustrating.

pavelrohac likes this.
  3. unity_velella

unity_velella

Same here, Xiaomi Redmi.
    When i'm playing a game at night, and Unity ad comes up, i basically wake up the whole family.
    I see this has been going on for a year and still unsolved which is really frustrating to us.

I have seen the suggestion to turn audio to mono, so this is because my phone supports Dolby Atmos? I enjoy this "surround" effect from my phone and i dont think its fair that i have to remove it.

4. Kwanza86

Kwanza86

Same with XIAOMI Poco X4 Pro 5G, but not on Huawei P40 Lite.

Quite sad to see such a big bug not being fixed for over an year, hope you can address this before it turns in the 2 year mark. Looking in the comments here this seems to be a Unity issue, which means the longer it stays alive the worse it looks for Unity Team members.

Still rooting for you and hoping we can get a proper fix soon.

P.S.: Mono Audio is not a fix.

AtomicHaggis likes this.
  5. Ronsku57

Ronsku57

Same with my Redmi Note 11

6. AtomicHaggis

AtomicHaggis

I'm astounded that it's taking over a year to fix this issue, and that doesn't even take into account that every single app that is deployed with Unity Ads will need to push out updates to all their users when it is eventually fixed.

I think what surprises me the most is that Unity has not tested their platform with Chinese brand phones and encountered this issue themselves before they were told about it by us. It's not like Xiaomi are an unknown brand!

Also, asking my users to switch their audio to Mono is definitely not a solution and not something I would ever of them.

I can no longer deploy any apps with Unity Ads and I am also unable to watch ads in other apps and games on my AGM Glory phone because more than 75% of the time it blasts audio at full volume and is gradually damaging the speaker in my phone. You might want to get one of these phones, Unity team, since it reliably blasts the dust off my eardrums so often with your ear-splitting loudness.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2022
    pavelrohac likes this.
  7. melanierzjoe

melanierzjoe

Same Problem at my Brand new redmi11. When i Play Games at Home, i Put an old Plug for an broken Bluetooth-headset in. Silence. But to fix ist in General ist better, so please do your Work and silence this damn ads

8. AtomicHaggis

AtomicHaggis

Unity Devs: Why not make the mute button on your ads just stop the audio stream completely? That at least would allow us who are suffering from this to stop the excessive volume quickly!

Some of the Unity ads do not blast audio out at full volume. Why?

If you want assistance debugging this issue I am happy to dedicate as much time as needed on a device I have full control over (we have the source code for the firmware), so please contact me if this is of interest. It is driving all of us crazy and it's completely unacceptable. I am an Android app and firmware developer with many years of experience so I can give you quick feedback and finally get this problem solved.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
    pavelrohac likes this.
  9. unity_60AB1EE5CDB300328356

unity_60AB1EE5CDB300328356

Same! My unity ads have been very loud and annoying. I can't play the game in public because of this. My old phone (Xiaomi redmi note 10 pro) didn't have this problem, but my new phone (Xiaomi redmi note 11 pro 5G) has this problem it is very annoying. Please do something about this!

10. makissk66

makissk66

I'm another frustrated enduser. My phone is a brand-new XIAOMI Poco X4 Pro 5G, running stock OS (MIUI 13.0.8.0 global). Crippling functionality "workaround" did not work. It's been almost 18 months. No fix. I wonder what are they waiting for.

11. unity_60AB1EE5CDB300328356

unity_60AB1EE5CDB300328356

They sent me an email saying:
    If you are using a Xiaomi phone, you may be able to temporarily solve this problem by trying to enable mono audio (I'm not sure this works on Redmi as well, but you can try it). You can find this setting in Settings > Additional Settings > Accessibility > Hearing. Mono Audio should be adjustable on other devices as well (I suggest checking the Accessibility section of your Settings).

12. Kn0tplzed

Kn0tplzed

Got a Poco X4 Pro 5G and if I had known about this issue I would not have gotten it. The phone is great EXCEPT for this issue with YOUR service. How can this still be going on after a year?
    Do you know what it is to be in an oncology suite playing a game to help make the time for chemo and other treatments pass quicker, and in the middle of it, every couple of minutes a loud annoying app that CAN'T be muted comes on? You all can NOT be this incompetent that after a year this is still an issue!
    Is it a problem that affects ones with a dual speaker?
    Getting to the point where I will get games that don't have ads just to reduce your revenue stream because this is ridiculous. Fix it and fix it now!

Frustrated, sick and tired and angry

13. Annoyingorangey

Annoyingorangey

Same issue but phone not mentioned yet Sony Xperia 10 IV
    Very annoying, cannot play in public or in bed as wakes wife. Whole phone is muted, do not disturb etc but ads play FULL volume. Looks like this issue been going a while and still no fix?

14. RektByAGirl

RektByAGirl

It's one year plus from when this was reported, yet not a single update! It appears to be a problem with phones that have stereo speakers and yeah while turning mono audio on seems to fix it most of the times, it's TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE that users have to lose a phone function we practically payed for just because Unity developers are either too lazy to fix it or totally outright ignore it. Some people may end up with serious trouble, be it health or social, because of all this! Either do something or don't be surprised when a sue comes your way from either a user or a game developer when this escalates more! Unecceptable once again for a company of such size!

Device: Xiaomi Poco X4 Pro 5G
    Android 11
    MIUI 13

15. BezBazara

BezBazara

I have the same problem on Sony Xperia 10 IV - an ad would play on full volume despite media volume is set to 0.

16. Zeecze

Zeecze

I think It Is not problem of the Xiaomi brand. It was found there first as they are cheap and many peoeple bought it.
    I had Honor 10 with Andriod 10 and had no problem.

Now I switched to Nokia X20 with andriod 12 and have all the problems described here. So it is software not the brand as we see the issue is spreading among other brands.

17. unity_A074162F694524886198

unity_A074162F694524886198

Agreed, not a Xiaomi (only) issue - I have Moto X Play, which is turned into a CCTV camera and with the sound muted (all types). I got scared at night a couple of times until I realised that ads somehow override system settings.

18. yelgazin

yelgazin

Hello all!
    My daughter has Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 and the same issue with unity adv.
    I'va deleted game with above volume issue and reinstalled. The problem has gone.

19. unity_77FB663DBB6775B5D7CD

unity_77FB663DBB6775B5D7CD

I am joining everyone with Sony Xperia 10 IV and having the same issue.
    Did not have this issue with my Huawei previously so I am quite frustrated with this. At first it was only one ad but it is getting worse each day as different unity ads are now shown that plays sound with full volume.
    Will it be fixed any time soon or at least some update so users know what to expect?

20. unity_gNzDgXAK702UEQ

unity_gNzDgXAK702UEQ

I have this issue since I bought my Redmi note 11 Pro 5g. It's a total crap! I start thinking Xiaomi made these phone speakers extra loud so that they could blast these ads...

21. krupps

krupps

This is not just a Unity issue. It seems some ads use a trick to run on web based and can change your volume. I think the ad is embedding a web view inside and using html to change the volume. Disturbing when your at work and it blasts out.

22. TheGodBuilder

TheGodBuilder

I deleted all files and folders in the com.busydev.audiocutter folder under Android>Data> , and I haven't had any problems again. The files and problem do return if I install another game or app that uses it.

Hope this helps.

23. pavelrohac

pavelrohac

Hello, I am adding my experience with Unity Ads here too.

I cannot stress enough how painfull was my experience with those loud advertisements, that it also forced me to register to this forum. So far, in every game this happened, I decided to uninstall the whole app and not play it again (eg: Pico Tanks, Mini day Z,...), until now - Im using comments and ratings in the Google play environment to inform game developers about Unity Ads.
    I hope that if you dont fix it by yourself (seriously it is being fixed over a year??), the game developpers will fix it for you by using different advertisement engines.

And just a "food for thought", if a little part of some app can override operating system commands, isnt this a huge breach problem for Android? I hope that you can somehow fix this before it is exploited or game devs stop using you at all.

24. r2stik

r2stik

HELP! JUST HELP! CHUWI HiPAD MAX android 12, build nr. HiPadMAX-680-ROW-2022-1112-U-V.1.5

25. Vengeance22

Vengeance22

So it's safe to say it's been 2 years now right? 2 years and still no fix for this problem, Unity do you still consider yourselves a proper respectable company when you ignore the complaints of people being affected by your products? You really should be ashamed of yourselves!

26. Vengeance22

Vengeance22

Can't seem to find this folder on my device though. Oppo A53

27. TassosLex

TassosLex

This is still an issue. Wearing earbuds when a particularly loud ad started and I've had persistent ringing in one of my ears for the last 6 hours.
    If my hearing does not improve then I WILL be pursuing legal action. This is unacceptable for a known issue to have been left this long, a clear case of negligence.

The device is Xiaomi POCO X5 5G, MIUI Global 14.0.2, Android 13 Screenshot_2023-07-26-01-09-34-717_com.android.settings.jpg

28. NickIAm

NickIAm

Lmao. 2 years and still not fixed. Are there any capable devs that left there? XDDD

29. unity_C943BE6820FB0C5A880A

unity_C943BE6820FB0C5A880A

Still same problem.

30. Yasuyuki

Yasuyuki

Unity Technologies

Hello,
    I sincerely apologize that you are having trouble with the loud sound issue.
    When you are facing this issue, please report it here with the device/model name from the list below.
    https://storage.googleapis.com/play_public/supported_devices.html

We've identified that this should be a device-specific issue, so we're collecting information on devices that definitely experiencing the problem. To distinguish it from similar problems, I would appreciate it if you attach the recorded video of the issue.
    Thanks for your cooperation.

31. boringvlog

boringvlog

by this problem my user can effect even I also effected by this problem so the game which the game this bugs the was so good because ads problem I deleted the game my device is oppo a53