Search Unity

Audio Muted AudioSource still playing

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by deLord, Aug 24, 2017.

1. deLord

deLord

Hey guys

I recently started implementing sounds and music into my game and now some behavior is totally different from what I expect.

I have a GO called "Sfx Audio Source" with an AudioSource Component outputting to my SFX mixer group.
    So far so good; my music level is different to my sfx level.

But, when I mute this AudioSource via script, then still the mixer group is playing the sound. How can that be? I just use
    Code (CSharp):
    1. sfxAudioSrc.mute = true;
    Muting it by hand leads to the expected behavior. Also, changing the volume via script led to the same behavior, i.e. still playing the sounds.

Edit: OK, I got why it is playing the sounds, because I am unmuting after the dialog has played. So, what I want to achieve is rather just for 1 frame to not play any sounds. Seems muting is the wrong option because unmuting in the same frame leads to playing the sounds, just skipping the very first frame of it.
    Is there a script-friendly standard way to temporarily SKIP sounds to be played?

The way I came up with is to ask if(mute) when the sound should be played.

I would maybe delete this thread but I don't know how :)

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

3. deLord

deLord

I think not, since the unpause will happen 1 frame after or even at the same time as the sounds are being played.
    But mb I got it wrong; I will check later

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017