Search Unity

Question Mute/remove an override track in runtime only

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by Camisado32, Jan 6, 2023.

1. Camisado32

Camisado32

I am looking to add small variations to a cinematic that can be toggled during runtime. It looks like I can do that using override tracks and it was easy enough to get the TrackAsset and mute it then rebuild the graph to get that effect but I would rather it not modify the asset and only affect runtime objects.

I could probably set the weight of the associated PlayableOutput to 0 or null the target but I cannot figure out how to get the PlayableOutput for that track to do so. Since it is a child track it is not accessible through PlayableGraph.GetOutput() and the PlayableOutputs do not seem to have a way to navigate their branches.

Playables do reference their branches so I could search for the right one but I'm not sure how to test if it is the Playable for the track or how to access the PlayableOutput from it.

Is there a way to mute or remove the effects of an override track that only affects runtime objects? Also is there a way to reference a track in the inspector so I don't have to use the name and search for it?

Thank you