Search Unity

Music?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Rhet Guru, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Rhet Guru

Rhet Guru

Hi! I compose music. A developer friend of mine said that you need "tunes" or musical "motifs" for your games. If you need something, let me know. I'd be happy to send you some themes or create a custom theme for your game/level, etc.

Be well!

RG

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
    BrandyStarbrite likes this.
  2. sedativechunk

sedativechunk

Hi there,
    If you are trying to promote and encourage your music for use in people's video games, the best place for you to go would be the "Unity Asset Store":
    http://unity3d.com/asset-store

You can become a publisher for audio and music assets. Whether you want to release your music free or paid, you can do both on the asset store, and people looking for music for their games will go their first. You have a much better chance of getting some use for your music on there than on these forums. The only thing, people are not forced to give you credit in anyway whether free or paid, but you can always make a note that you appreciate being credited for the music.

The only thing with the asset store, you won't be taking "request" perse. What I recommend you do, you should make soundtracks for different genres of games, eg. fantasy, sci fi, cartoon, etc. Then release these soundtracks on the asset store. Try a modest price, maybe $1-3 per album if you are trying to make money (if not don't worry about this). I know it's not alot, but speaking as an indie developer, game projects are typically a money sink and people would rather spend money on visual and game assets then sound. I know how it works, I'm a music producer myself! Good luck.

BrandyStarbrite and Ony like this.
  3. Rhet Guru

Rhet Guru

Thanks! I'll do that. :)