Search Unity

Music Visualizer

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by FPSyndicate, Feb 8, 2013.

1. FPSyndicate

FPSyndicate

So my brother was trying to create a visualizer in Blender, so I decided to try one in Unity, and here's what i ended up with! Tell me what you think.

It takes any audio file attached to the main camera, and seperates out as many audio channels as you want. Then it converts those into numbers that i can use to edit the scene. The bass on the right and left, as well as the big bars on the bottom each cover a range of frequencies, but the bars in the middle each are for one channel.

It gets really cool right after the bass drops, because you can actually see each not playing.

http://fpsyndicate.webs.com/visualizer

and a screen shot:

$Capture.PNG

All the colors and lighting stuff is just for looks, and to match the song. I would do a completely different look if it were for any other song.

I won't post the code, because i might be making an Asset to sell on the store. But suffice it to say i just used

Code (csharp):
    1. audio.GetSpectrumData
    ** No, that is not my music, it is Whiskers by Feed Me Genesi

--
    FPSyndicate

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  2. Dayviewer

Dayviewer

Dude that's some pretty friggin' awesome stuff you got there haha, this could be integrated in games in very cool ways. good work!
    Might be cool if you could use the mouse to control the camera around this thing too by the way

3. Blacklight

Blacklight

4. login4donald

login4donald

Yea, It's actually pretty simple. I did it easy and only using two lines of code.

5. FPSyndicate

FPSyndicate

Yeah, Blacklight i saw what he did, along with a few other guys.

My plan is to actually make different scenes and load music directly from your audio folder. Also, make it so you can interact with the scenes and whatnot. I was gonna make a sweet Android visualizer.

The cool thing about this is that it generates the bars in the middle at the start of the scene, so you can watch your music to figure out which channels and frequency ranges you want.

--
    FPSyndicate