Search Unity

Music video I made in Unity

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Ony, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Ony

Ony

Here is the video for my new song "Where do you go?" The majority of the video was made in Unity.

I'd originally started working on the core of the "shipwreck" scene a couple of years ago for a game project, but then never ended up using it, so it sat on my hard drive. Whilst working on this new song I was trying to think of video ideas and then I remembered the scene.

I dusted it off, added a few things to it, put the television section at the end, and then made a build to take the video footage from. It uses Scion for most of the visual processing, including the famous Scion lens flare prominently seen at the end of the video. Most of the particle effects were made with VFX Particle Pack. The camera dolly and rotate was done via DoTween.

The whole scene was made into a build and the running .exe was video captured with GeForce Experience ShadowPlay. The resulting footage was then reversed in post so all of the fire, smoke, and sparks are moving in reverse.

Thanks to Unity I was able to get a really cool looking video finished up, exactly how I wanted it. I hope you enjoy the result. :)

2. D3Duck

D3Duck

Nice scene. I like the reversing of the particles as it draws a lot of attention (noticed it before reading the rest of the post).

Ony likes this.
  3. Ony

Ony

Thanks! I wasn't sure if anyone else would notice it, and if they did I thought they might think I messed up the particles, haha.

4. AlanMattano

AlanMattano

My baby is learning to count in English with this video. The backwards in time idea is awesome also in contrast with the spaceship. Congratulations!

Ony likes this.
  5. Ony

Ony

Aw, thank you. :)