Search Unity

Music for solo developers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by epicdev1, Apr 2, 2018.

1. epicdev1

epicdev1

Hello beautiful people around the world!
    After several publishes I decided to start real deal, make a game for money. I've been just downloading my desired musics from youtube and credit the artists also who would name a price for their unpolished first or second attempt games. But I don't really get the main idea behind all the licensing stuffs. For the high-school student who's mother language is not English the huge block of texts about license, copyright, legal etc are just nightmares. Can you please explain the main idea of "NoCopyRight music" and "Loyalty-free music"?
    When I send e-mail to any artist of the music I love I never get reply. I'm afraid they be like "What the heck is this random email? Get Lost already, Damn it".
    Well I can make sound effects with the help of my android phone's voice recorder such as footsteps, water, crack, wind etc but I've never touched any instruments not even once. I found some websites to make loop based music but Internet is so scarce and expensive in my poor country only way to connect internet is 3G mobile network so using browser for long time just inhales my data.
    Where and how can I get musics that are free for commercial use? If you know anything please share me! Please!

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

The license for the music is whatever the artist wants it to be, and they aren't obligated to respond to you unfortunately. Most "free" music I've seen is only free for non-commercial use.

For some music that is free for commercial use, take a look at TeknoAXE's website and youtube channel. All of his music is released under the CC 4 license, which just requires that you put his name in the credits, include a link to the license, and say if you modified the music yourself or not. Pretty simple and he's got a lot to choose from.

http://teknoaxe.com/Home.php

epicdev1 and Lu4e like this.
  3. hopeful

hopeful

All of the free music in the Unity asset store is legal to use in games. Also ambient music.

There's some good stuff in there. :)

4. epicdev1

epicdev1

Thank you!