Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our response to Improbable’s blog post (and why you can keep working on your SpatialOS game). Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

Multiple Xbox 360 Controllers in Unity

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by NuclearProductions, Mar 26, 2010.

1. NuclearProductions

NuclearProductions

I'm having issues with the input for multiple controllers.
    At the moment, I have modified the Lerpz 2d platform demo so that it has 2 players running around. I have also modified the PlatformController script for the second character so that it accepts different input from the input manager.

In the input manager, I've added a few more actions (Horizontal2, Jump2) as actions for the second player.

Whilst I don't have any issues with character movement using the analogue sticks - left stick on one character makes the first character move and the left stick on the other controller makes the other character move, the issue comes from pressing a button to make the players jump.

I've set it that the A button on the controller makes the player jump (joystick button 0) for both 'Jump' and 'Jump2' in the input manager. Also change the joy num to 1 for 'jump' and 2 for 'jump2'. However for some reason, both characters jump whenever I press the A button or either controller.

Anyone know a solution to this?

theLonelyWhale likes this.
  2. Zogg

Zogg

I had the same problem some weeks ago, took me a while to figure it out:

Actually, the joystick specified in Joy num doesn't matter for buttons - what matters is the Positive button entry:
    Try replacing the entry "joystick button 0" by "joystick 1 button 0" respectively "joystick 2 button 0".

angrypenguin and SHG like this.
  3. SHG

SHG

Words cannot describe how much you have helped me today!

angrypenguin likes this.
  4. LuckyStreak

LuckyStreak

Where does it allow you to specify joystick 1 button 0?

5. LuckyStreak

LuckyStreak

Where does it allow you to specify joystick 1 button 0? I don't see it listed in the input manager.

6. LuckyStreak

LuckyStreak

In my situation, both gamepad one and two register both gamepad movements

7. christougher

christougher

8. VKronners

VKronners

MAN YOU SAFED MY FREAKING LIFE XDDDDDDDDDDDD I Was looking for this solution like for 2 months.

9. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  10. zra8

zra8

I love you Steven! I will always follow in your footsteps.