Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. We are updating our Terms of Service for all Unity subscription plans, effective October 13, 2022, to create a more streamlined, user-friendly set of terms. Please review them here: unity.com/legal/terms-of-service.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

Multiple Users In One Model

Discussion in 'Unity Reflect' started by sdzhao, Jul 3, 2021.

1. sdzhao

sdzhao

We are currently exploring Unity Reflect as our option to do VR demoing of projects. Does Reflect have to possibility to have multiple Oculus Quest 2 users in the same model at the same time?

Thank you

2. DavidMenard

DavidMenard

Unity Technologies

Hi sdzhao!
    We currently only support the Quest with the link to a desktop computer. The reason is that it requires a bit more compute power than the Quest itself can handle. Once tethered, then yes, you can see multiple users in there!
    David

3. sdzhao

sdzhao

@DavidMenard Thanks David! That's what we were hoping for! Setting up one larger machine to run the instance and then connecting in with multiple headsets. A few questions:
    1) Is there a limit to the headsets you can tie in?
    2) Is there a guide/instructions on how to set it up?

I appreciate the assistance! Thanks!

4. DavidMenard

DavidMenard

Unity Technologies

Hey sdzhao,
    I think I miss-interpreted your request. You cannot connect multiple Quests together using the same computer. That is a limitation of the Quest device, which just doesn't allow it.
    What I meant is that using multiple Computers + Quests, you can all join a shared session in Reflect.
    Sorry for the confusion, I hope that clarifies things!
    David

unity_aica01 likes this.
  5. sdzhao

sdzhao

@DavidMenard Got it. Are there any ways to achieve something similar with other devices and not quests?

6. sdzhao

sdzhao

@DavidMenard Just a thought. If I had a PC powerful enough. Could I host 4 separate VM instances with 4 separate Reflect collaborate licenses?

7. DavidMenard

DavidMenard

Unity Technologies

Although that is theoretically possible, I'm afraid that VMs don't always share GPU resources very well, so I don't think 4 VMs on one machine will run at a reasonable framerate.
    That being said, we haven't tried, and I don't really have a good understanding of this space.

unityunity