Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Multiple Unity logins

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by andm-dlw, Feb 16, 2018.

1. andm-dlw

andm-dlw

This is probably not only for Unity Hub, but it would be great if Unity would handle multiple logins per user more gracefully. For instance, in my own company, I have a plus subscription with an associated user account. For specific customers, I have a user account with their pro subscription. Since some assets are bought with the customer's subscription and some with my own subscription, it's literally hell to constantly have to log in and out between these accounts and losing connection with collab and other services.

syscrusher likes this.
  2. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback! Unfortunately we don't offer multi-user management as of now; However we can consider your use case for future iterations and figure out a way to make this less annoying for you.

Best,

3. Tuni

Tuni

+1

We have the same problems. I think it's a common problem if you do a lot of contract work.

4. andm-dlw

andm-dlw

Thanks for your response. Would it then at least be possible to show the user ID instead of the full name (or additionally the User ID), so it's at least obvious with which user you're actually logged in?

5. afshinity

afshinity

Unity Technologies

That is a good suggestion. I will discuss it with our product team.
    Thank you for your feedback

syscrusher likes this.
  6. syscrusher

syscrusher

I'm running into this same problem a year later, so I'm bumping the thread.

7. afshinity

afshinity

Unity Technologies

It is in our plan for 2019.

syscrusher likes this.
  8. syscrusher

syscrusher

Thanks. I've been debating, and getting differing advice from different people, whether to use two Unity accounts (one work, one personal), or just transition my personal one to work. It sounds as if the pain of keeping them separated will be short-lived.

EricWilliams likes this.
  9. ElasticSea

ElasticSea

I am wondering if this was included in 2019.x release cycle or is it still in development.

10. brinca

brinca

Yeah, this would be a cool feature, especially if we can have them both working at the same time in different editor instances (e.g. have one account for work, and another account for personal dev).

I currently use different MacOS users for each login so I don't have to re-login all the time, but it would be better to be able to use them both in the same profile (something like having a dropdown menu where you can select which account you're using on the current editor).

It would also be cool that Unity Hub remembers which user is being used on which project (so that when you start the project, the correct user would be signed in automatically).

AbrahamDUnity and syscrusher like this.
  11. Weidz_

Weidz_

@afshinity @AbrahamDUnity Any update on this ? This has been kind of a hassle lately, especially during these times most people are working from home, having to constantly switch between professional and personnal accounts.

Something great you should also consider is allowing third party logging like Google auth to open on the default web browser instead of embedded to allow fast logging in already opened sessions, I know the Nvidia Geforce Experience can do that now so there must be a way to handle this for you too ?

12. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Hi @Weidz_,

So good news is that we're moving to browser authentication soon so no more embedded login. Bad news is that we have no timeline for multi-user setups through the Hub. We explored the idea some time ago but it hasn't materialized into milestones. I will bring it up with the team once again but I can't guarantee anything. Sorry for the disappointment.

Best,

Weidz_ likes this.
  13. Jarestrepogu

Jarestrepogu

Hello everyone, is there any update about this?
    It is September already and we are in Unity 2020.1 and Hub 2.4.0... And still have to manually switch users.
    A lot of people is still working at home... It is a feature that have always had a use case and now is more relevant than ever.

I hope Unity can find a way to implement it.

syscrusher likes this.
unityunity